Wall charger > 850mA is not good for screen sensitivity/spazzing [Scientific Study inside!]

Last Updated:

1. Rockmaninoff

Rockmaninoff Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 20, 2010

Yesterday when I was going to sleep, I had my phone plugged in when I received a text. I attempted to unlock the phone, and it wouldn't! I started freaking out a bit, finally was able to unlock it, but had a tough time replying using the keyboard. It seemed the screen was spazzing out. When I unplugged the phone, everything was fine.

I installed the free Paint application and ran some tests. The results are here: http://i.imgur.com/cZJVV.jpg

As can be seen, using a charger that outputs > 850mA (the stock charger's value) is no good for touch sensitivity. If anyone can chime in with other concerns, that would be very helpful. I find that the 1000mA charger definitely charges the phone faster; does anyone think that this is bad for the phone (aside from the screen issue)?

I misread the stock charger's amperage initially; I thought it was 250mA, which is why I'm using the 1000mA. I think for now I'll switch to the stock charger. I would like to use the 1000mA if any other users think that would be fine. I don't have a problem unplugging it to use it.

2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I use a 1000mA charger with no problem. The amperage rating is the maximum amperage of the charger. The phone will draw what it needs.