Wallaper problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. tantei4869

tantei4869 New Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I set a custom wallpaper, it shows it in a "zoomed in" fashion, even when I crop it to fit. The wallpapers I'm trying to set are very close to the actual screen dimensions. Do they have to be exactly 320x480? Is there a way to fix this? Is their an app that can resolve this?

Advertisement
  2. Muldy

Muldy Member

Have the same problem man. I have a wedding photo of me and my wife, set to wallpaper, cropped entire picture, now it shows it spread out over the 9 screens. Is there a way to set it to just the home screen or just to one?

3. cdelapena

cdelapena New Member

Download 'LauncherPro' and it will take care of the problem. It won't be perfect but I tried it with a saved pic and it worked. Now the pic is not stretched out over 9 screens! Good Luck.;)

4. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

Use a higher resolution image.

Muldy likes this.
  5. jusmeandne

jusmeandne New Member

this app kinda works but it only allows u to have one main screen and constantly asks u if u want to keep that screen or go to original version. so instead i just stick with colors or the wall paper thats preloaded. :(

6. Muldy

Muldy Member

Used this method and it worked alot better. I realized that the photo I was trying to use was from my wife's phone and was horribly small. Just had to move a few things off the main page and I can see the picture fine now. Thank you.

7. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

It's sad, really. When I first got the phone, I thought the quality of the screen wasn't too great. However, after using a much higher resolution pic, the screen looks quite beautiful. Oddly enough, it order for the wallpaper to look the most crisp, you have to use a fullscreen resolution wallpaper. The best resolution I've found is 1024x768. (This is with LauncherPro Plus).

Check out my latest screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251417/Screenies/snap20101219_122500.png

8. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

That's totally awesome! Is that shot of your Ascend? I'm thinking of d/ldg LP but first I want to know how it changes the looks of your home screen.

Is that it? If so....cool!!! ;)

9. BobZhome

BobZhome Well-Known Member

I have the MetroPCS version of the Huawei Ascend and for some reason live wallpaper is not working.

When I click the menu button then wallpaper, only pictures and wallpaper gallery show up. Live wallpaper is not listed there and I have downloaded and installed live wallpaper.

Does anyone here have the same problem? Is it just my phone or everyone's phone?

10. Jazziette

I have Cricket and my live wallpaper is working fine. Do you have launcher pro?

11. BobZhome

The live wallpaper icon still does not show up with launcher pro.
    After long press or clicking menu, I click on wallpaper and the only three options I have are: 1) Pictures, 2) Wallpaper gallery(canvas), and 3) Wallpaper gallery(LauncherPro).

12. Jazziette

I've only had my Ascend about a month now and have been holding off downloading LauncherPro until I felt more comfortable with it. I probably won't get LP now because I am used to my home screen and like it just the way it is.

I love my Aquarium live wallpaper I got on Zedge. It is really cool!

I've had zero problems so far. Have you considered that LauncherPro might be the culprit?

13. BobZhome

I'm thinking it's either the MetroPCS version of the phone does not allow live wallpaper. Or some other app I have is causing the problem.

I was hoping that someone here has the MetroPCS Ascend and would tell us if live wallpaper works for them. If so, I would uninstall all my apps to see if I could get it working. If it started working, I would install one app at a time and test live wallpaper to find the app that stopped it from working and notify the programmer of the problem.

I found that after install shazam, I was no longer able to add widgets on my phone. I had to change to Soundhound.

14. Jazziette

Why don't you start a new thread and title it something like: Live Wallpaper not working on MetroPCS Huawei Ascend. You might get a better response than on this thread. I'll be watching to see what happens. Good luck! :)

15. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot I posted in this thread. To the poster who asked about my home screen, yes I'm running LauncherPro Plus (I went as far as to buy it!) and it runs beautifully. The original Launcher (Canvas) is terrible and gives the impression that the phone is slow, which it is not.

I have the MetroPCS version of the Ascend and Live Wallpapers work just fine for me. The only reason I don't use them is because they kill my battery.

16. joser116

joser116 Guest

I have the ascend from cricket with launcher pro and live wall papers run smoother than with the stock. So launcher pro isn't the problem. I can assume that it isn't the problem either for the metro because of previous posts from metro users on this post saying live wallpapers work with launcher pro. So lp is secondly not the problem from any of those 2 carriers. LP is wonderful amd the developer is a good quality developer

17. joser116

joser116 Guest

As posted by other users, the Canvas is terrible, especially when setting photo wallpapers where there images look zoomed in,bloated, and blurry.

18. BigMannyJr

BigMannyJr New Member

I have and Ascend through cricKet that is rooted. I also no longer am able to access live wallpapers. Is their any solution for that?

19. merra1

merra1 New Member

I have a Samsung Transform and I'm trying to get access to live wall papers....Either the phone doesn't support it or I'm doing something wrong...When I install the wallpaper(s) I can't open it or acess the live wallpapers options....Is there anything I can do to fix it?

20. Jazziette

Try to find the live wallpaper picker.apk and install it.

That's the only thing I know that might fix your problem.

:)

21. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

I'm using GoLauncher EX and anything with a 4:3 ratio and 1024x768 or higher works great on it.