1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

wallet app that uses camera

Last Updated:

1. beaconts

beaconts New Member This Topic's Starter

is anyone aware of a wallet app that uses the phone's camera to scan cards for backup? i don't really relish the idea of manually entering all my card nos. and info when the camera scanner function works so well recognizing business cards.

you know, i'd like to slap my credit card on the table, open the app and scan the card. the app should recognize the cc logo (mc, visa, discover, etc), card no., exp. date and prompt me for the verification no. on the back.

the app should be able to recognize most of the card types that people typically keep in the wallets: drivers license, library card, health ins, auto ins., loyalty cards. for those that it doesn't recognize by scan, the user should be able to select from a list or enter a "custom" type.

i haven't found anything like this. does one exist? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I use Key Ring for scanning in my loyalty cards and library cards, and the barcode scanner works well for that. However, for custom cards (Visa, health insurance, etc.) you have to enter the information manually.

3. adlerrot

adlerrot Member

Lemon wallet ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lemonhq&feature=search_result ) does that. Digitizes the cards generates a QR code which store scanners cannot read yet

4. beaconts

beaconts New Member This Topic's Starter