Wallpaper changing by itself?

Last Updated:

1. craiglester

craiglester Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having an issue with the Droid changing the wallpaper?

Today I took a call from the missus and when it ended and went back to the homescreen, the wallpaper had changed to that horrible yellow one. I've had this happen a couple of times now, once when exiting Messaging, and today, exiting the Phone.

Is there somewhere I can send a bug report to google for this? Anyone else had this happen? Is there a quick simple fix?

Advertisement
  2. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I switched my wallpaper to a personal photo on the day that I got the phone (Nov. 6th). It has never changed.

3. craiglester

I've changed it a few times.. when this happens it always goes back to the icky yello background..

Not a big deal, but a little annoying

4. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

You must have it set to rotate your wallpapers-in settings

5. craiglester

OK i looked.. where's the setting to rotate wallpapers? I cannot find it at all. And isn't it odd it always reverst to the same one? Weird

6. craiglester

one more bump to ask if anyone else is having this issue.. Just got off a call and it changed the wallpaper again. Back to the horrible yellow one with the triangle. So. What to do? this is getting tiresome having to reset the wallapaper after every call.

I've looked everywhere in the setting, but cant find anything that would even remotely suggest it would rotate wallpapers, and in fact it doesn't roatate through them, it just reverts back to this same wallpaper after every call.

How does one report bugs to the developers?

7. kdoudman

kdoudman Member

I am having the same problem and it is very annoying. I believe the fix they are referring to is in settings, display, and check the orientation option at the bottom. However, this doesn't work. My wallpaper always changes back to an ugly black one. Not sure what the root of the problem is.

8. craiglester

I ended up doing a factory reset and it's been fine ever since. I believe it may have been something left behind from trying and uninstalling a bunch of programs. Quick reset, and no issues since.

9. kdoudman

kdoudman Member

I think I have figured out the root of the problem...at least in my case. The wallpaper was changing back to a default one every time the wi-fi automatically came on; whenever I was near a wi-fi source. I think I've narrowed down the culprit to an application called Locale, which uses wi-fi to determine your location and thus changes your ring preference and maybe even your wallpaper (although I didn't have the wallpaper change option selected). It's a good app for when you forget to silence your ringer, say in your meeting room, but I think there is a bug in it that is causing the wallpaper to be switched when near a wi-fi source.

10. MyCameraIsPink

MyCameraIsPink Active Member

well I have locale installed as well. But I haven't noticed it changing when I turned wifi on/off. It always seemed to happen after a call. I guess its because I installed that prog a while back, but never really figured it out... Just got rid of all the settings and going to see if it 'fixes' the 'problem' haha. the wallpaper changing was driving me NUTS!!! Thanks kdoudman

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I know there's apps that say they will let you view pictures of whatever after a call. I have no idea what purpose they serve. Might someone had one of these apps DLed?

12. craiglester

I'm pretty sure it was locale that was doing it. After doing a factory reset I reinstalled locale but was careful to avoid any wallpaper changes. Since then... no issues.