Wallpaper defaults back to htc "colors" instead of live wallpaper after restartGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rt2

rt2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have my incredible set to use the live wallpaper "water". When I turn the phone off to charge at the end of the day, upon restart it defaults to the htc colors wallpaper.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, is there a setting I'missed to retain the "water" live wallpaper after restart, or is this just normal behavior?

Advertisement
  2. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

2nd. In for answer.

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

This does not answer your question, however, don't be surprised if your battery life goes down a lot with this live wallpaper. Try it out because your experience might be different but for me this wallpaper drained a lot of power.

4. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I think it just resets to the default wallpaper on restart. Mine does that too, but as long as you save your settings as one of the "Scenes" it's as easy as 2 clicks to get all of your settings back. When on the homescreen just click "Menu/Screens/Save". It's a little but of a pain, but how often do we really restart our phones?

5. brandonhutch

brandonhutch Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue ... when I power of the phone and then power it back on, the live wallpaper is replaced with the first photo/wallpaper from the photos that I put on the phone. Very odd.

6. DroidInJax

DroidInJax Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. Liquoredolce, the problem I've found with your suggestion is that if I've made any home screen changes (added widgets, moved things around, ...), then pull up my recently saved scene, all of those changes are lost. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

7. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

How possibly can lwp drain your battery.. its never on but a few secs when you look at it... unless you look at it for 10 mins straight..

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Go to Menu > Scenes .. and SAVE the "custom1" (basically the wallpaper you put). Then, reboot, and it should stay as the wallpaper you chose.

Edit: I just read the rest of the posts in the thread, and it seems like its not working for some? It worked for me, so I don't know if its another option somewhere in the settings then.

9. droidoholic

droidoholic Well-Known Member

My wife and I were having the same problem. Here is what worked for me. Go to Menu -> Wallpaper -> HTC Wallpapers. Then choose any different wallpaper than the one currently showing on your screen and then hit "Set Wallpaper". You should now have the static wallpaper that you just chose as your background. Now repeat the process again but this time chose "Live Wallpapers" and push "Set Wallpaper" to select the one you want. Now, long press the power button and select "Power off" and then push "yes". Once your screen has gone black, turn it back on and wait for it to boot up. This time it should reboot with the live wallpaper you chose earlier.

This worked for me, I hope it works for others. The solution seems kinda redundant but it seems to work.

B92MOR likes this.
  10. rt2

rt2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks droidaholic, I've tried that in the past and it worked for a couple of days before reverting back to the old behavior i.e. back to the multicolor screen upon powering the phone back up. I'll give it another try though.

11. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry I should have specified. After making any changes you must re-save the "scene". If you don't, the changes will be lost. It is a little annoying because I've done it a few times where I'll add an app or widget on the go and not save it. Then a while later I'll restart and notice it's gone. It's a bit annoying, but when I consider how often I normally restarted my last phone, I'm not really going to worry about it.