Wallpaper doesn't scrollSupport

1. nhanimator

nhanimator Member

Installed an update Wednesday night (push update from Sprint). Coincidence or not, Thursday morning I noticed that my wallpaper no longer did that mini-scroll thing when sliding from home page to pages right or left. It's static.

As I'm a very new user, I assume that some setting got changed somewhere, but I'm at a loss as to where it might be. I've tried resetting wallpapers, switching to Live Wallpaper, but nothing lets it scroll.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

NHAnimator

Advertisement
    :
  2. mrcminnesota

mrcminnesota Active Member

Just read in another forum that the scrolling wallpaper was removed with the latest update. May want to list as defect in Sprint forum as well as at Samsung
  3. nhanimator

nhanimator Member

Thanks. If that's the case, then I would assume that would get reversed. It's subtle, but a pretty sexy effect.

Sprint and/or Samsung must push out updates in batches?
  4. Historypeats

Historypeats New Member

I'm wondering if it is a side-effect from the removal of the, not sure what to call them, hard edges? of the home screens? Now that we can scroll through endlessly I guess the wallpaper can no longer scroll endlessly with it.

I personally would much rather have the scrolling back. I don't find the functionality improved over how well it worked before. You can touch the individual dots or pinch out to display all of them. Why did it need this?
  5. nhanimator

nhanimator Member

Ah. I think you are correct. I just noticed the "hard edges" had disappeared and was wondering if I had just not noticed them before as I'm still a n00b.

I thought the dots and pinching were there before, however.

Regardless, an option to set or remove hard edges would be nice. The scrolling feature would then kick in or shut off as appropriate.
  6. Historypeats

Historypeats New Member

My apologies, I spoke (wrote) poorly. I typed that up rather hastily while at work (I don't like being caught on the internet).

Yes, the pinch to zoom out displaying all home screens is a stock feature. I also forgot about being able to touch and hold on the dots and slide side to side through the screens.

Basically what I was trying to say is that with all these ways the phone already had from the get-go I think are more than adequate for navigating the phone and I don't really see why it was a function they even thought needed any kind of "fixing". Just my opinion, obviously. ;)
  7. sjjn

sjjn Member

This was a stupid "fix". Is it that hard to press the little top buttons or swipe back and forth. The sliding background was a subtle but sexy feature. #bringitback
  8. DirkBelig

DirkBelig New Member

OK, this non-scrolling wallpaper thing totally sucks! Several of my LWPs use scrolling from page to page to affect the action on the screen. Asteroid Belt makes the asteroids go backwards; Flames makes the fire shift with the motion; Prismatic rotate the kaleidoscope; Jumpgate changes the angle; NFL Teams rotates the helmet, etc.. What is the purpose of breaking this?!? For some reason Rays of Light does react to movement.
    rst531 likes this.
  9. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member

Some of my wallpapers are useless now as they are cut off and you can't see the whole picture because it doesn't scroll anymore. Seems stupid to take that out.
  10. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member

I use launcher pro and even after the update my wallpapers scroll.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ya, it should only affect the native launcher. Others such as launcher pro, adw, or go launcher wouldnt be affected by the update.
  12. PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster Active Member

The rumor, as it was posted in another forum, is that the wallpaper slide was removed due to a law suit. The posts I had read said it was an Apple feature and that they sued to have it removed. Again, this is the rumor, as I have not read anything official.
  13. voydangel

voydangel New Member

How/where do i do this? I really really liked the panning wallpaper feature and i would like to voice my dissent at its complete removal. They should at least give us the option to have it be panning vs looping.
  14. redcoyote12

redcoyote12 New Member

I read that as well, on another forum. Makes sense, they wouldn't make the effort to remove a feature unless dollar signs were involved, I think.
  15. hootsomalley

hootsomalley New Member

Well all the suggestions for launcher pro, go launcher, etc. are great and all but I'm actually pretty fond of the layout for my home screen. I wouldn't want the different app tray and a new layout/app icons. I've tried dozens of apps to alter and resize the wallpaper but haven't found one that lets me crop and set the image to the resolution native to the galaxy s2. Does anyone know of an app that can do this?