Wallpaper help and remove the google search bar?

Last Updated:

1. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member

i found out how to put pics on the SD card through the comp but now im having trouble setting up a custom wallpaper, when i go to put my own wallpaper up the "crop screen comes up" and i select what i want from the pic, but it looks so pixelated and not clear when its ony my home screen, and yes im using high quality images so idk what else it can be :confused:

and another thing is i saw someone with the google search bar removed. i was wondering how i can do that to also...

thanks in advance and im glad to be on a droid :D coming from a BB storm 1 and 2

2. kevin28282

kevin28282 Member

dunno about the pic part, but you can hold down the google bar and it should vibrate and you can move it to the trash can that appears ( just like any of the other icons)
  3. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

That would be correct.

As for your background looking pixelated. It sounds like you are taking a portion of the image and using that rather than using the whole image. Try cropping the image on your pc first and then copy it back to the phone, when you select the area of the image expand it as much as you can. That should get rid of any pixelation.
  4. mxrider821

thanks, it worked perfectly ;)
  5. wbbgjr

wbbgjr Active Member

Anybody know what the correct dimension of a Droid wallpaper is? Even the wallpapers that came with the Droid look like they are the wrong size.
  6. mxrider821

7. mxrider821

okay i made my pic exactly what the droid screen size is (480x854) and the picture looked amazing clear but than when i clicked set-as>wallpaper>it comes up with the CROP picture screen still and wont let me select the whole pic :confused: it always makes me crop
  8. Edaze55

You should be able to resize the crop section to the full image. Is that what you are doing?
  9. mxrider821

ya but it always cuts off a lil on top of the pic and a lil on the bottom..
  10. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

I want the Google bar back and can't find it. Never mind it is under widgets.. Thanks anyway.
  11. Cleetose

Cleetose New Member

The correct size for wallpapers on the Droid is actually 960 x 854. This is because the image is stretched across the three screens.
    Eusibius2 likes this.
  12. mxrider821

thank you so much!! that is the correct resolution and it worked perefect! it lookes so good :D thanks boss
  13. Edaze55

Glad to see you finally got this fixed
  14. NBAJWill55

NBAJWill55 Member

I'm having the same cropping problem with Contact pictures.
    I already have contact pictures cropped, but when I try to save it as a contact picture, it forces me to crop it again and won't let me zoom out to include the entire picture.

The Storm let me zoom out on every picture when editing contact photos, any way to do this on Android?
  15. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

I m trying to figure a better way to do this also...
    I do not like the wallpaper editing capabilities of the DROID vs what I'm used to w the Storm???

Any other options/.....??
  16. Kev50027

Kev50027 Member

Thank you! Having the higher resolution screen didn't mean much when I was forced to have pixelated backgrounds!
  17. Space Mountain

Space Mountain Active Member

Is there any way to get it to not stretch across 3 screens? What if you want it just across the main screen? Any way to do this?
  18. hacklert

hacklert New Member

I used a picture editor, I made up a white background only picture that was set to 960X854. I then divided the 960 by 3 and came up with about 320. That means each of the three screens would be 320X854. Whatever picture I want to be in the middle screen I downsize it so its no wider then 320. I take that picture and paste it right in the middle of the 960X854
    white background that I made. When I upload it to the camera my picture is in the middle screen and both the left and right screens are white backgrounds only. I had to play with centering the middle picture but it worked out nicely. Could be a way to put three different pictures on each of the three screens.