• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper image to stay put on homescreens

freefall

May 31, 2010
Hope the title is as it should be. I'm not sure how to put this so I'll try my best.

When you have a picture as your wallpaper do you notice that when sliding between the screens they move ever so slightly?

For example, I have an image of the lion in my avatar perfectly in the centre of my home screen, yet when I move the screen to the left or right it seems to move the image and cut some off. Is there a way around this?

I've seen it on some people's screen shots but I'm not sure how to do it with a picture that you decide to use as a homescreen.

No worries if it can't be done. It would just be nice, that's all.

P.S - Still loving my desire and android!

OK. The image you set as your wallpaper is actually for all 7 screens and not just your main/central screen. As such, when you move left and right to the other screens you scroll across the image slightly.

I believe there is at least one launcher that allows, possibly with another app, to have seperate images on each screen.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones