Wallpaper issue...Support

Last Updated:

1. leecasey

leecasey Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I have a nexus one running FRF91.

I installed a live wallpaper from the market. I didnt like it and uninstalled it.

Since I installed it though I have noticed a new standard wallpaper in its own folder which is really bugging me. I want to remove it but I dont know how.

Example. If I press menu, then go to wallpaper I now see the following...

> Gallery
    > Live wallpapers
    > Wallpaper gallery <- this is the one with the 1 random background in it
    > Wallpapers

How do I completely remove "wallpaper gallery"?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Do you have a file manager like Astro or ES File manager? If the wallpaper was saved into you SD card, you can find the directory and delete the folder/file from the phone.

3. leecasey

I do, but where would I find it, I've tried looking for it but had no luck.

Thanks

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I have this too. I noticed this wallpaper gallery but didn't look into it. It seems 2 of the stock images have jumped from 'Wallpapers' to 'Wallpaper gallery'
    Odd... I'll get back to you on this :p

EDIT:
    This is proving more complicated then I expected. I've located the 'Wallpapers' directory.. It's embedded in the Launcher2 apk. I'm guessing the Wallpaper Gallery is stored in the LauncherPro apk (you wouldn't happen to be using LP aswell, would ya?).
    But to be honest I'm not sure if I wanna be messing with internal directories of apk files. Anyone have any experience in this?

5. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

Perhaps uninstalling the launcher might do the trick???

6. Teknologic

Well, probably. But then where should my wallpaper go behind of :p

7. leecasey

I am indeed using LauncherPro, I know its silly but its bugging the hell out of me lol. I want to use LP still as it increases the performance dramatically.

8. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

LauncherPro has a separate "Wallpaper Gallery" it has a corny colorful wallpaper and a very nice black texture Wallpaper...just leave it as is and move on or remove Launcher Pro...

I myself like Launcher Pro very much and use it as my default Launcher, and I also use 91PandaHome2...

With Launcher Pro I have 7 home screens with 91PandaHome2 I have 11 home screens for a total of 18 home screens (not counting the 5 stock Android Launcher home screens) :) ....and an extra Wallpaper Gallery.

9. leecasey

I've found the new wallpapers in the apk file of LP.

\LauncherPro-0.6.6\res\drawable-hdpi

I have removed them from the directory, but how do you repack a apk file? I have no clue lol. Any advice?

10. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Actually, for 3rd party apk's, you'll need to "re-sign" the apk. Use stericson's autosign (Signing made easy.... [ Updated July/2009 ] - xda-developers). the steps are pretty easy:

1. remove the META folder from the apk
    2. run the .bat of stericson's autosigning program
    3. navigate to the apk you want signed and voila, a working apk with your new mods.

Here's another method, which is pretty much the same: Editing APKs to match themes (Not just app icons!) - xda-developers

Other people have done it without removing the META folder.

I used it to change the widget icons with some customized icons that i made (bluetooth on, wifi on, gps on, etc).

11. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

i mean the 3rd party launcher.. or in this case launchepro.. sorry for not specify:eek:

12. Teknologic

I understood what you where saying actually :p
    But LauncherPro is my default launcher and kinda the basis of my whole phone experience. So yup, uninstalling LP will do the trick but I think most people who use it won't give it up that easily.
    And the wallpaper gallery is slightly bothering to me. Not nearly bothering me enough to go repack and resign the LP apk everytime LP updates :p

13. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Having an extra folder/wallpaper option certainly won't stop me from using LauncherPro!