• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wallpaper location

Ciggy

Feb 26, 2010
Done a search on this and couldn't find the answer.

Where is the folder holding the stock wallpapers? I've been searching the root of the phone all day and to no avail I can not find them! I want to take one into photoshop mess with the colors and put it back. But i cant find them. Please help :)

snap20100625_152512.png

Upvote 0
These instructions are for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0.4 "Ice Cream Sandwich"

Using Root Browser Lite app I was able to navigate to the following directory:

system\app\

In that directory look for a file titled PhotoWall.apk
By pressing it, the Root Browser app asks what you'd like to do with it, cancel, view or uninstall. Chose "View."

The Root Browser app will display the directories within that file. Then go to:
res\raw
and, voila, you're there. You'll see all the stock wall papers saved there as jpg images.

The problem is, I tried pasting stuff in there and nothing pasted.

It seems that the Root Browser app allows me to see what's inside the PhotoWall.apk file (almost looks like a zipped file in Windows) but it doesn't let me add to it.

If someone can figure out how to add to that location, please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones