wallpaper pet peeve

1. Alexp08

Alexp08 Well-Known Member

okay so my biggest dislike about android is how the wallpaper is set up, you get the rectangle, with a smaller one on each side. and you can never fit the whole picture on the screen. is there anyway around this so that i can either shrink the pic so that i get the whole pic and the rest of the screnen is filled up with black or something of that sort?? thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i moved you to the theme forum, since there are a tons of posts on wallpapers.

so you will basically need a program like photoshop or paint(this is what i use)

then you just need to tweak it to the right dimensions of your phone's screen.
  3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

First, I'd suggest you download an app called "Wallpaper Wizardrii" (it's free in the play store.) This will give you a lot more options in how your wallpaper is set.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&feature=nav_result

If that doesn't do what you want, I can easily make you a wallpaper with your entire image fit on the center screen with some kind of filler around it, so your phone will crop it the way you'd like. If interested, head on over to my wallpaper thread and let me know what you'd like, here:

http://androidforums.com/android-themes/92348-willing-make-wallpapers.html

Hope that helps.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. beasteternity

beasteternity New Member

I use an app call quik pic, and if you select the picture through the app, if give you the full picture.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

nice tip....gonna have to check it out.....thanx
  6. leeanne172

leeanne172 Well-Known Member

I've been using one called 'image 2 wallpaper', has worked out very well so far.
  7. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I believe some launchers have the option to use a static image (no scrolling) on the home screens.
  8. Dr3amAth3m3

Dr3amAth3m3 Active Member

Wallpapyrus.....in the Play store.
  9. Robinhood

Robinhood New Member

Is the paid version necessary to unlock?

I installed the free version but don't see it in my apps and cannot add the widget to homescreen (although I thought I was supposed to be able to do that).
  10. Parrot-Head

Parrot-Head Member

+1