Wallpaper resize app?Support

Last Updated:

1. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is so strange...when I take a photo in portrait format on my X it looks perfect, fills the screen and is nice and sharp. The problem is when i go ahead and set that photo as my wallpaper. At that point it pulls up this box that forces me to crop it down and this just kills the quality...things look much more blurry and less sharp. What can I do to have the wallpaper look just like the photo after I snap it?

Advertisement
  2. faber78

faber78 Guest

is there a way to resize photos, i downloaded a wallpaper pack and they look like crap when is use any of them.

3. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone? I know I can't be the only one to have this problem. What do you all do when you take a photo with your X and want to use it for the wallpaper?

4. faber78

faber78 Guest

5. Kinslayer

Kinslayer New Member

I've been playing around with this issue for a little while.. it appears to be something with how the android OS re-sizes (shrinks) the image.. if your image is a super high res (thousandsxthousands) it has to trim it down to 960x800ish... and the function that does this does it POORLY.

anyway, long story short, take your image, on a computer, use this tool:

win7 (Image Resizer for Windows)
    xp (Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com)
    Mac (gofyourself.com)

and resize to a specific size (960x800). It wont distort your image, it will pick the closest properly ratioed resolution that fits within your constraints.

PS, Nexus S, 2.3.6. This issue didn't occur on my 1.6 phone