• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper scrolling- dont like it

So, I want to use a picture from my library for my wallpaper, but I have to choose what part with that little square, which means I can't use the whole picture. Is there a way to make the wallpaper static (like the iphone) so I can see the whole picture and it doesn't move when I change the pages?

I've looked at the similar threads and none of them are for the atrix

So, I want to use a picture from my library for my wallpaper, but I have to choose what part with that little square, which means I can't use the whole picture. Is there a way to make the wallpaper static (like the iphone) so I can see the whole picture and it doesn't move when I change the pages?

I've looked at the similar threads and none of them are for the atrix

Did you realize that you can expand the square to almost the entire picture?

Upvote 0
Do to moron Dev not adding this option by default as they don't like the user to have options? But far as your question goes you can download Launcher Pro from Market and have static none moving wallpaper so you can use screenlock. Far as the square thing goes just download the correct wallpaper resolution 1080x960 as its not same as screen resolution.

Upvote 0
Do to moron Dev not adding this option by default as they don't like the user to have options? But far as your question goes you can download Launcher Pro from Market and have static none moving wallpaper so you can use screenlock. Far as the square thing goes just download the correct wallpaper resolution 960x800 as its not same as screen resolution.

Actually if you're following the 2X width like other devices (like my Captivate) for the Atrix, you'll want to use 1080x960 (i.e., 2x540 by 960).

Upvote 0
OK...so I downloaded launcher pro and it totally made my homescreen go away. Is it a different home screen type thing?
mgy- how do you expand the square? I tried the pinch method like the iphone. Is there another way?*edit* i figured out how to expand the square...but I guess it wants a rectangular wallpaper that is longer instead of taller, is there anyway to make it taller instead of longer? I'm cool with the scrolling, it's the zooming in (and subsequent distorting) of the image that's really getting to me!

Upvote 0
OK...so I downloaded launcher pro and it totally made my homescreen go away. Is it a different home screen type thing?
mgy- how do you expand the square? I tried the pinch method like the iphone. Is there another way?

You see the arrows? Just drag it on the side and it will extend the outline box.

Thanks DT, I stand corrected then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones