Wallpaper Scrolling?Support

1. Octahedron

Octahedron Well-Known Member

I can't seem to get it to work on any launcher. Tried touchwiz, nova and a few others. No dice.

Advertisement
    :
  2. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah apparently Samsung disabled this in the ROM on the s2 ICS updates!
  3. Octahedron

Lame! I would have thought it would at least work with custom launchers. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait for cm. :)
  4. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Speaking of wallpapers, I can't seem to change the lockscreen wallpaper.
  5. Octahedron

Go to setting>display and you'll see it.
  6. TheBritton

I get force close. Did since first day I bought it. "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working"
  7. Octahedron

Try a factory reset. Mine has always worked.
  8. TheBritton

I think it is because I uninstalled the Gallery apk. Stupidly, I don't have a backup. Can someone extract and post the gallery apk from their phone? :)
  9. TheBritton

Update: Reinstalled the stock Gallery apk and I can now change lockscreen wallpaper. Be informed removing Gallery does disable that function haha :)
  10. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

yeah i learned from my first ever android, never remove stock system apps like "gallery" or "messaging" or "browser" APKs just remove the defaults, cause it seems to always mess something up :rolleyes:
  11. lilnono93

lilnono93 Member

I really liked the scrolling wallpaper too! I've put a bit of effort into finding an app, launcher or other way of enabling it. I've tried quite a few, but the only one I can remember finding that has it was the (expensive) TSF Shell 3d launcher. I'm not the kind of guy that spends $17 on a launcher, but it looked cool so I thought I'd check it out for the 10min grace period Play allows.

I'll post back if I come across an easy way of getting this back, but my hope is that this, among a few other tweaks, will come with a good ROM.
  12. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

It will take some framework edits to get it to work on Samsung based ROMs!
  13. TheBritton

After updating to the leaked FL14 build, wallpaper scrolling seems to work on every launcher I've tried.
  14. MaRz0o

MaRz0o Well-Known Member

I'm using Go Launcher Ex from the App store and I'm able to use scrolling wallpaper.