• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wallpaper

mstrong

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
I downloaded a theme from the market and when I switched scenes back to HTC then back to the one I downloaded, a new wallpaper showed up, which I really like. I didn't like the theme (I think it was causing problems on my phone) so I uninstalled it, but the wallpaper remained (bonus). I have used it on my phone ever since, and now I want to restore my phone to factory default and redo everything in the hopes it will restore the speed my phone once had.

I would really like to save the wallpaper but I can't find it anywhere on my phone. I have searched for hours trying to find where it could be or if I could even somehow grab the file being downloaded from the market and extract the wallpaper there. Does anyone know where to find the current home screen wallpaper?? I've read that it was in the data directory, but that can only be accessed if you root your phone (i think) which I really don't want to do. I'm just trying to find some way that I can have the wallpaper saved and I can put it back on my phone without having to install the theme (which may or may not have caused the problems on my phone).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones