Wallpapers Missing that quickly...

Last Updated:

1. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I Just, as in a couple of hours ago got home from dinner and getting my new EVO 4G. I do love it

I thought I had a problem, but I looked at my friends phone....we bought one together..and he had the same, problem per se'

I am into customizing. Tonight I got to only look at wallpapers. I will be making a lot. Maybe getting into themes. I don't know if i can do that.

But I see 4 categories:
    HTC Wallpapers
    Live Wallpapers
    Gallery
    Droid Wallpapers

Somewhere Sometime when I got home it asked me to do an update, I said sure

But changing scenes, which was new to me, I went back and looked at the Wallpapers:

THE ENTIRE CATEGORY DROID WALLPAPERS WAS/STILL IS MISSING

Because I checked my friends phone and he had only three categories now and he had not done anything, I am thinking I did something to move it OR the update did

Can someone either tell me if it was a change they did, what happened, where I can find it, and if I moved it by mistake, how I should move it, and where to.

Thanks so so much
    Eric

Advertisement
  2. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Well-Known Member

Those are the first phones ive seen with that category. I have had two evos and neither had that category, before or after the update. you're not missing anything

3. eric0668

Thanks Music..I do appreciate it.. Makes me feel like I am crazy. LOL I am not saying u r wrong. Maybe it is a batch that was out this week.

WHAT I DO KNOW...is I had the very wallpaper THE LIVE GRASS, but not the LIVE VERSION, it was in "droid wallpaper" If you say it was not there, I am not one to argue with someone helping me, if anyone, but where is that wallpaper then....if u have time to still help

Thank you

4. eric0668

This is a response from Android Central:

The EVO update this week from Sprint/HTC removes the original Android wallpapers. Don't know why, but some people say they can be downloaded again. I don't know where to get them.

I have so many of my own I don't miss the ones that were taken off.

Might you know how to find them , Music

5. music_pharoah

Help me understand what you are experiencing. You say you had grass that was static and was in this folder?

Also, I just got my second replacement evo today...so, I don't know if the batch is the problem.

6. music_pharoah

Well, I guess youre right. If you are adamant about getting it back, try checking the Android website or HTC a.d see if they have a archived set of wallpaper. I don't miss them either I'd they were there, check out the wallpaper thread in the tips and tricks section...there are some very cool onrs. Do you really need the old ones?

eric0668 likes this.
  7. eric0668

Yeah I dont' use the live that much cause of the battery /cpu usage, that is how I know, plus the fact two guys at android central verified it. HTC constantly takes off Droid stuff they say

8. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Go into the Upgrade sticky and on the last page someone put all the wallpapers. The recent Update disabled the Stock Android Launcher (Home screens) and removed the Stock Android Wallpaper options. You aren't crazy. The Option for Android wallpapers was there before but the update removed it. Not a big deal. The wallpapers weren't anything special and you can redownload them if you like

eric0668 likes this.
  9. eric0668

Thanks sic...btw, ur not sick LOL I didn't see all those , I was worried something was wrong with my 4th, count em 4th droid in a month

So I what? download them and I can put them on like I would have on my Nexus One, either of my own choosing in a folder in my sd card OR name one like they had it "Droid Wallpapers" and put it next to the other folders on the sd card, but NOT within my contents

If I do it the last way mentioned, there exists a chance the next UPDATE may still delete that folder, best to put them with my own wallpapers huh?

How about the Motorola Droid EYE Live wallpapers I saw, I downloaded them
    Will they fit? (i.e. are they the same size...I can't exactly use a sizing program like Hellaphone.com and resize, Where do I put them, in the same LIVE folder, AND MOST importantly, would I be able to go in and manually take them out OR delete them via the settings / app remove feature if I did not like them?

You were most helpful in ur comments. TY

10. sikclown

Eric feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped you lol. Yes what you would do is download any wallpapers you want into a folder on your SD card. Doesn't matter what you named the folder. Then when you want to apply a wall paper go to your Home Screen and press menu and then Wallpaper and then just choose Gallery and you will see all the individual areas where you have pictures. And then just select the gallery you want and then choose the wallpaper you want. It will want you to crop the image so just press on the side of the Crop window and 4 arrows will appear... Drag an arrow to make the box bigger. You can also download a free wallpaper App like AndroLib or Mabilo or Backgrounds and set a wallpaper from there

eric0668 likes this.
  11. eric0668

I have those apps, and thank you for that ALSO LOL.

1. these walls that were for either the original Droid, or originally for the N1 (I had them on mine), not sure where, but 960x800 is for the EVO as well, and if it was off by a tad like 960 x 870 that wouldn't matter right.

2. Is that number the size of the pic/wall OR is that the resolutiion? Excuse me for attaching like a leach to the knowledge u seem to have.

3. I WILL leave a thanks

4. And as far as those Moto X LIVE Eye walls ...they will fit, right. does it matter where I put those? They will be able to be taken off thru the settings panel?

Thanks more than that button can show
    Eric

12. sikclown

Hahaha no worries I have been around Android for a minute or two
    1. Nah the size doesn't really matter because it makes you do the whole cropping thing anyway when you go to apply a wallpaper
    2. It is the size of the pic I think
    3. Thanks for that
    4. I am actually not Familiar with those Moto X Live Eye Walls. If they are Live Wallpapers that you downloaded from the Market then they will be listed under Live Wallpapers once installed. Not sure if that was what you were asking though.

13. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Off topic a bit but why is everyone so concerned about people hitting the thanks button??? :shrug:

14. eric0668

Dont know. I never had it in blackberry forum. People asked me too. maybe gives them rep
    Pretty harmless if you ask me.

15. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member