Wallpapers not working for meSupport

Last Updated:

1. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I try to use a Photo or HTC Wallpaper as a wallpaper, all it shows is the HTC Sense Live wallpaper but frozen..

What's wrong?

Advertisement
  2. rgr555

anyone know what's going on?

3. rgr555

I still can't set photos or use HTC wallpapers. Whenever I choose something it just shows me the HTC Sense background (not Live)

can someone help or is this just broken?

4. NurseDroid

NurseDroid New Member

Was there ever an answer to this question? Mine is doing the same thing. It did it before, and I dont know what I did to make it set my wallpaper. Now I can use Live wallpapers, but any photos or downloaded wallpapers SAY they are set to wallpaper, but actually just set the Colors background.

5. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

this happened to me today. i set 2 different wallpapers, and the sense background just keept coming up, but if i set the wallpaper, then rebooted, it came back as the wallpaper i wanted.

PS- once i rebooted, and tried to change the wallpaper again, it worked as normal

6. phareous

phareous Active Member

I have the same problem...have to reboot, then it uses the new wallpaper

7. wannainc

wannainc Well-Known Member

Wow..the same thing was happening to me..I thought I was the only one!! It kept going back to the live "bubbles" wallpaper but it wasn't live....it would fix it by rebooting...but then after a few days a reboot didnt fix it....it just stayed on the bubbles wallpaper. I had the wall switch app running where it was supposed to switch wallpaper every so often so I uninstalled that.
    Are any of you running the wall switch app?
    After uninstalling I went into the "backgrounds" app and reinstalled one wallpaper. If that doesnt work try saving the wallpaper to sd card or phone and then installing thru the menu>settings where ever the wallpaper is for the htc..see if its in there and if you can set it. Since I uninstalled the "wall switch" and reset one wallpaper from backgrounds app....I havent had the htc bubbles come back one time! (for at least 5 days or so):)

8. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Anyone found a solution? I can only pick from the preloaded HTC wallpapers (live included), but I cannot set a picture to the background. I've rebooted, battery pulled, etc.

9. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Weird - I was able to set the image as my background using ASTRO, but not through the normal Sense options. Definitely some sort of bug in the software.

10. commander24

commander24 Well-Known Member

Having the same problem with my backgrounds. Just will not change when using astro to select the background file (fat fingered the "always use" check box by mistake). In fact if I use astro to select the background, my inc goes into an infinite loop.

I uninstalled astro, rebooted and the background setting was working again (using sense to select pic).

11. usn.mustanger

usn.mustanger Member

Add me the the list of victims of this bug. Very frustrating.

12. hellslina

hellslina New Member

I was having the same issue today of the bubbles wallpaper displaying after I tried setting a few different jpegs, using both the HTC wallpaper settings and Astro. Someone previously mentioned setting your wallpaper, saving the scene,and rebooting. Voila! It worked for me. Let's just hope it stays! :)

13. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

I just started having this problem, no clue why. I've had my phone since launch, and it just started happening this week.

No matter what my wallpaper is, if I change it to a normal photo (non-Live), it says it changes but keeps showing the default HTC Sense "bubbles" background. If I reboot the phone, the photo will show up.