Wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. quade

quade Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, My question is, what resolution wallpapers should you use for the vibrant? I am using 480 x 800 and they seem to not be resizing well. I've loaded my pictures and for some reason it crops the image down. I assume I am not using the correct wallpaper resolution. Anyone know a solution? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Imposter

Imposter Well-Known Member

I found the Evo sizes work ok....960 x 800.

3. tivofanatic

tivofanatic Member

I'm having issues also. I've tried 480x800 and 960x800. Either it won't let me select the entire image (get like half the picture vertically) OR the image is shifted to the left. This is really frustrating because I consider myself pretty technically savvy. I've been playing with different resolutions without success. Is there a widget to automatically crop your pictures to fit the screen? Help I'm frustrated and don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance :)

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Wallpaper Set and Save from the market will optimize any size wallpaper, assuming it's big enough (i.e. a resolution too small like 200x200 will look like junk regardless).

That way you don't need to worry about it. :)

5. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

You want to use 960x800 to be able to expand the selector to cover the whole wallpaper. If your image is shifted to the left then it's likely your primary Home screen isn't the middle screen. Like if you have 5 screens and you have your primary set to no.4 when no.3 would be the middle one. If you have 7 screens no.4 should be the center.

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You can set the primary screen? I thought touchwiz defaults to the left?

7. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

does anyone know how to develop live wallpapers?