Walmart document shows HTC One replacing DNA in 2 weeks....General

Last Updated: 2013-04-06 22:39:36
  1. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/14/walmart-document-shows-htc-one-arriving-on-verizon-this-month-replacing-the-dna/

Damn. Never fails with Android. Always have an obsolete phone within a month of getting it. :O

Advertisement
  2. Imnutsnj

Imnutsnj Well-Known Member

I don't know why Verizon/HTC would drop this phone, I think it's awesome. Hopefully it's just Walmart wanting to carry just the one flagship phone and not both.
    Hoosiermama likes this.
  3. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

i wouldnt change my dna for a one regardless, love the look of the dna compared.
  4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Other than a slightly larger battery, there's nothing in the One that makes me wish I could have it. DNA certainly holds its own.
  5. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

I hope this won't stop us from getting any Android updates.

That said I wouldn't be too worried. From what I've seen, Walmart doesn't really have a big selection of phones, so it's not surprising they would discontinue one phone when the next one comes out.
  6. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I just want Sense 5 on this beast I got for free!
  7. jgraves12

jgraves12 Well-Known Member

8. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

9. John58543

Stupid OTA has screwed us.
  10. jgraves12

Oh wow.. Sorry to hear that. I feel for ya, I really do.
  11. John58543

Hopefully you aren't being sarcastic. It sucks not being able to root.
  12. jgraves12

I'm not lol.. If I couldn't root I'd probably try to sell the phone and get something else. I hate not having control over my own possessions.
  13. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

Ehhh my phone is not rooted, and I still love it. Not a game killer in my opinion.

Now they are reporting that Verizon isn't getting the One, so I wonder if Walmart still plans on retiring the DNA.
    Ezduzit08 likes this.
  14. AlbinLee

AlbinLee Well-Known Member

I would choose the Droid DNA over the HTC One in a direct competition tomorrow. Sense 5 will come to the DNA this summer, I am confident. And the soft touch back/red accents are amazing vs. the aluminum feel. The DNA is just a sexy ass telephone.

As far as rooting is concerned: I used to root on my OG Droid phones, but only for overclocking and custom launchers (also free apps I suppose). With the DNA, the phone is so damn fast overclocking would be marginal, the launcher is perfectly fine to me (no lagging issues, looks pretty nice). Coming from a tinkerer, I simply do not see the need to root on a modern phone like the DNA. Besides... ain't nobody got time for that! I am too busy trying to finish a Master's degree and get PAID. But that's a whole nother story...
  15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Sounds like you and I are very similar, even down to the Masters degree! :D
  16. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

So is ir out in the US yet as surprisingly its already out in ireland. 500 euro unlocked and with no contract so the nexus 4 is still a good bit cheaper. I already have 2 friends who got the ONE and they love it.