Want a new phone Evo or Epic

Last Updated:

1. zackman2091

zackman2091 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my mom wants to get a new phone right now she has the htc hero and she likes my screen size of my evo what should i do should she buy a evo off craigslist because her contract isnt up or the epic

Or should i have her get the epic then have us switch so i get the epic and she gets the evo

What should i do

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

pick the phones you like :)

or wait and see what comes out in december

3. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

it depends, how "good" is she at using just an on screen keyboard? If she has difficulty using it, even on your evo, get her the epic...if not then its up in the air...

4. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Have you asked her what she wants?

Just a thought...

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea... same issue here. I'm getting my dad either an Evo or an Epic as an early x-mas gift (I ship out for boot camp 2 weeks before christmas, go figure. :rolleyes:)
    He can't decide if he wants the Epic or the Evo. He likes the Epic, but he knows from his Moment experience that Samsung is a horrible brand for anything mobile. But, he's not really shall we say... 'calm' enough to use a touch only phone. He has shaky hands, he's clumsy, and tends to mash things on-screen 5-10 times if they don't respond THAT SECOND.

6. zackman2091

zackman2091 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

She actually just said she likes my screen and she doesnt know about the epic

7. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

if sprint still does that 30 day return policy then why dont you get the epic (since you have the evo), have her test both of them, and if she doesnt like the epic return it and get the evo

8. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I think the answer here is very simple - she likes the Evo so if you want the epic just do old switch trick and get the phone that you would rather have.

As for Thefoodman52 why don't you get the Epic than you get best of both worlds keyboard and touch screen. I would say this Samsung phone is actually up to the HTC performance or maybe better (depending on the use).

9. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Sounds like she would like the Evo, the Evo is plenty big to convert KB addicts over to touchscreen only, ask my fiance lol