Want incredible battery life? (OFFICIAL HTC INCREDIBLE BATTERY THREAD)Tips

1. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

I have compiled (with help from other members) a listing of several different tips and websites with information on how to

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
    mikeflht, t0ne, blondlady and 139 others like this.
  2. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Turn off push and you might as well not even buy the phone.
  3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Charging the battery before turning on your phone for the first time is often out of your hands when it's the Verizon employee who does it to set up/transfer info onto the phone before you even get it.
    jemm2000 likes this.
  4. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

I know, sucks. However, if you order through the mail you could :)
  5. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

If anyone can think of or list any Android applications that tend to drain battery quickly, please post them! Thanks in advance!
  6. Kappen

Kappen Well-Known Member

I'm not certain turning the GPS off is such a great idea. I realize it would save battery life but doesn't 911 need this on to figure out where you are? Maybe there are two GPS chips in the phone if so then turning off the one is great. If its the same GPS chip I think I would rather take the chance of having to replace my "user replaceable" battery then risking my life or someone else's.
  7. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

different gps.
  8. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

The whole letting it discharge is wrong. Lithium based batteries do not like this. They like partial charges. End of story. I do not want to get technical (have done it in other threads elsewhere, and no one really understands), but PM me if you want, and I can.

-Nkk

Citation: I am a Chemical Engineering/Physics major working in a materials science battery lab focusing on the resetting of Lithium ion batteries. Oddly relevant, no? :p

EDIT: This is not to say never let them discharge. The overall bad done if you do it once may be outweighed by allowing your phone's battery indicator to correctly calibrate.
    SR12, jshort313, dbgoolsby and 15 others like this.
  9. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that you shouldn't let Lithium based batteries go below 40% charge, so charging every night was ideal.
  10. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

Charging at 40% probably isn't a big problem, but I wouldn't let it sit on the charger once it is fully charged...

I know "what they say", but from my personal experiences, letting it sit on the charger all night effs up the batt. Did it to one of my phone religiously and the battery was crap after a few months. With my next phone I took it off the charger once it said fully charged and got much more out of it.
    mema2.1 likes this.
  11. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

Sure, if you want to PM me some more in-depth info. I'd appreciate that. I am always looking to learn new things. Thanks.
  12. chris5135

chris5135 New Member

i know on my storm 2 it has the option for the gps to be on for 911 only. I wonder if incredible will have this option?
  13. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would make sense if it did.
  14. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I charge my phone every night and the battery life isn't that much different than it used to be, other than being 3 years old.
  15. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

That's great. I'm just saying from my PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, leaving a battery on the charger after it is fully charged (like OVER night) damaged the battery and I would not recommend it.

Feel free to do whatever you want. If that works for you. GO FOR IT!:cool:
  16. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I will, but I'm not posting my personal experience in an "official" guide like the top post. I'd like to hear nkk's opinion on the matter.
  17. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

I PM him and asked for more info so I could go over it and if it makes sense/ is correct I'd gladly update the post.

As with anyone's info.

My personal experiences are based off of what I have read around the web and then followed myself.

It is entirely up to each individual user to make whatever decisions they want.

I was JUST TRYING TO HELP by offering some tips and advice. I am in NO WAY saying I am an expert or the authoritative voice on re-chargeable batteries. I wanted to be able to offer a starting point for people with battery questions.

If you don't agree with my advice or the advice of others from the first point that's fine. No one is forcing you to.
    mema2.1 likes this.
  18. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing that's what you experienced. My problem is someone will read it and declare it canon. Then they will regurgitate it to others and it becomes fact, just like the task killer situation with android.

I'd rather not post it without fact either way. The word "official" means as much as "soon" around here.
  19. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

I've tried to keep it as subjective as possible. I named it official so incredible battery info would be in 1 place where everyone could submit info and I'd continue to edit the initial post and give credit to those who post. I didn't want a lot of threads clogging up the forum on incredible battery questions and info. Just 1 place so it'd be easier for members and visitors.

I apologize if the post bothers you or leads you to think it is something more than it is or that its 100% the only way or something.
  20. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Since I have gotten a couple of requests, I will type up an explanation. Sorry for the wait, but it will take a few days, as my school is having a carnival in two days and I am part of an organization that is participating a lot. I will aim for posting something by Monday, ok? By then, the carnival will be over and other people can clean up (I did enough setting up to not feel too bad) :) .

Nkk
  21. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I just bought two 1500mah batteries for my Eris (got them last week) , anyone know if they will be compatable with the Incredible??
  22. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member

so wait now i'm confused (thanks guys :p)... can i just leave my phone on the charger overnight or not? will that mess up a battery nkk??
  23. CaptJager

CaptJager Well-Known Member

Running 2.1 on Eris and it has the gps on/ 911 only.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    Kappy likes this.
  24. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

NKK will get back to us Monday. I personally do not recommend it. I don't think it is good for the battery, but that is just my opinion.
  25. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

As far as the over night thing goes someone is missing opportunity to come out with a Charger/ Maintainer;) You know... one that goes to "maintain" mode one your battery is fully charged.