Want longer battery life? Seidio's extended batteries are ready.

Last Updated:

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

seidioonline.com

2600mAh...almost double stock value.:)

FWIW, I've had one in my Motorola Q for the past year, 2100mAh, and there is a direct correlation on mAh value and usage time compared to stock. So if mAh is 2x higher than stock, it will last 2x as long, under same conditions.

I did a mock-up of what it would be like with the "extended battery door", which is pretty close to what is pictures, and it felt easier to type using the hard keyboard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Damn, I want the slim one.

3. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I'm guessing usage of both docks is out with this? :-/
    That's why I feel like two regular batteries is my only choice......but good find OP

4. colnago

Yeah, you may have to pick up the "Seidio dock", but any sadness will dissipate when you phone starts lasting 2-3 days. My Q can go "4-5" days on the 2100mAh...if I don't fire up Sling player.

5. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

i want the big one bad but i think im going to wait till some others get to see the true results plus see how comfortable it is holding the droid with the big back

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I wish it weren't so big. I wonder if they'll ever be able to squeeze more power into a stock-sized battery. As of right now, I'd rather keep an extra battery around rather than bulk up the phone, but at least it's nice to know these are finally available in case I ever have the use for one.

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

lmaooo, ill pass with the size of it haha.

8. SpecialEd

SpecialEd Well-Known Member

I am wishing it was even bigger. Why not cover the whole of the back of the phone except the camera hole? It would have a nice even feel and lie flat...

9. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't want it that bad. I'll just get a second one if I need it.

10. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Yea, an extra OEM battery gives you double the runtime and a lot less bulk. And, my DROID will still fit both OEM docks. :cool:

11. colnago

Fair enough...but the people who've had extended batteries, along with people who get stuck in the Mall during the playoffs following their g/f around while she's clothes shopping, will appreciate the extra battery life for streaming the game(s)/other media.

2600mAh will nearly double the life...(2) extended batteries would almost quadruple. Would be nice to have in some situations, such as being stuck in an airport.

I personally think it would help typing on the keyboard, as it would pull the right thumb down closer to the keys...it would reduce that awkward position.

12. vincentp

It could certainly help typing, and I could see having one of these around for a long trip or a flight when I'll most likely be using the phone to play around, but I just would not want to keep that thing in my pocket during day to day use.

13. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that these batteries only give about 15-30 minutes more battery life. Not sure if that is true though:confused:

14. colnago

No.

Like I said, I've had a 2100mAh Seidio for my Motorola Q. My OEM extended battery is ~1400mAh, and the Seidio litterally lasts 50% longer than the OEM. mAh or "Milliampere-hours" is basically a mesurement of "rate of discharge". If the battery only lasted "15-30 more minutes", the mAh rating would not be much higher than OEM...~1600 or so. 2600mAh is a significant jump over OEM.

Seidio has been around, and used in other phones...its built a fairly good reputation

15. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Too large and for $65? NEXXXXXT!

16. vincentp

Colnago is absolutely right about the life. As much as some of us don't like the size, I can pretty much guarantee you that it will double your battery life. Seidio does make nice products, I just can't justify having a rock in my pocket.

17. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what the slim extended battery will do. Battery life with the OEM battery is fine for me - I'm usually home every night where I can put the phone on the dock to charge it. I have a good car charger as well.

I think a 50% increase would be able to last me two days under most situations, but the bulk of the big battery is not something I would like. However, it is good to have options!

18. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

On the Pearl, the slim Seidio battery (fit w/out any changes to phone size) was 1200 mAh and the OEM was 900 mAh. So they were able to shoe-horn in an additional 33% capacity within the original form-factor.

If they can do near the same w/the Droid, I'm going to buy it...I don't need the capacity most of the time, but I think of this as insurance, for those times when something keeps me and my phone busy and away from a charger. Like when we were evacuated from our home a couple years back due to huge raging fires...having a longer life battery in that unexpected situation was critical to keeping in touch w/my extended family.

19. vincentp

I would absolutely buy a slim battery if they could squeeze more juice into the same sized unit. You never know though, they may not be able to. Since the Pearl came out, obviously technology has gotten better, and the Droid is a flagship phone, so they may have already crammed as much power into the battery as they possibly could. Here's to hoping that the guys at Seidio can improve on it, but you never know.

20. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Member

im sure we just need to give other companys some time and they will make a stock size battery with a lil more power. like aftermarket :) or like SpecialEd said make a battery that is slightly thicker but covers the whole back so it doesn't look stupid lol

21. vincentp

It's still going to look a bit silly, though. Need to leave the space open for the camera, and isn't the speaker in the back too?

22. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

It's nice, but that price tag turns me off completely. What I'm going to do soon (whenever I stop being lazy and decide to order the circuit board, because I can solder, but there's no way I'm going to etch my own PCB) is make a MintyBoost. It's much more compatible, and it's certainly cheaper. A little bulkier, yes, but when you consider that it would work with ALL of my USB electronics, it's well worth it to me.

23. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

They'll do it...they've done it before for the other phones they wanted to, and batteries are a relatively "generic" part of the phone. On the Pearl it took a couple of months past release as far as I remember....

24. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

I had ordered the extended battery for my storm and the back cover was plastic. One of the tabs broke off and the cover was usless. I will wait.

25. thetomas

thetomas Member

It's possible they haven't solidified the stats yet, but on the page for their slim line battery, it says "More capacity in the same form factor" yet at 1350 mah, it would actually be less than the stock 1390 mah.

Weren't they going to make an extended life battery that fits in the stock door? I'm hoping they do, because even if it only bumps it up to 1800-1900 mah, that's the one I'd want.