Want the full 2.1 look on 2.01 - you're in luck!

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

UPDATED UPDATE: Root is no longer required! Re-released in .apk format! Get it here:
    (link removed by Mod)

UPDATE: now ported to 2.0.1 by jinx10000 at Alldroid. Available here:
    (link removed by Mod)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To all those adventurous souls out there, there is a new 2.1 ROM available at Alldroid that was built from a newer Nexus One build than Greek's.

In this ROM, there is an updated music player. While the update is not very significant, it does change it a little bit.

-There are no longer buttons for songs, albums, playlists, and artist. They are now tabs and always there.

-If a song is playing, a "now playing" bar is always at the bottom of the screen

-When you open an album, the album art is in the background of the song list

You can see in the following screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once you get to the song playing screen, though, it is the same as before.

As for overall, the new 2.1 ROM is very good. Improved performance for sure. The gallery is very quick, browser, etc. GPS works, keyboard backlight is improved. LED notifications still are quirky.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I must say this is a nice improvement in layout than in the original. More functional. Now it will be hard to decide (once it is available) if I will stay with TuneWiki or that...hmm...decisions decisions!
  3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Fab, you talking about the humancyborg 2.1? Just checking in case I missed one.
  4. Fabolous

Yeah, this is humancyborg's 2.1 ROM. I downloaded the one with the transparent notification bar, but I'm sure both versions have this music app.
  5. CRPercodani

Ahh ok, I was gonna try it out but wasn't sure if it was worth the switch. Gonna dl it now.
  6. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

where can I download it from?

Link, please??
  7. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Is this available separately?
  8. CRPercodani

9. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

The music player went from horrible to serviceable. Atleast it doesn't hurt the eyes...still could make better use of the screenspace. I don't see why they don't just copy the Zune HD's UI.
  10. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

A quick question: my impression was that 2.1 had the same/similar music player to 2.01...are these changes coming directly from the N1 or are they a custom alteration to the latest 2.1 ROM?

In either case, thanks!
  11. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member

Latest/last (till release)iteration of n1 os released and hc made a dump for us. This n1 release has a new music player. Not custom.

As an aside, I lol'd at third eye blind. They're good, just surprised after all the autotune stuff seemed random. And all my friends from chicago listen to the exact same stuffsept that.

Must be in the water. Or something about calling it the chi(shy)
  12. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Any chance of an EQ? How is the sound quality?

Looks cool though.
  13. Fabolous

@jmccarthy14 my library is pretty eclectic, heh, not just autotune stuff. And I actually live in central Illinois, I've been to Chicago like 10 times in my life...but then again, everyone at my school is from Chicago/suburbs so maybe their taste in music is rubbing off on me

@alostpacket no EQ. the sound quality seems unchanged from 2.0.1 (stuff sounds pretty good through my S9s, my car stereo, and my Beats)

On a side note, my controltalk remote on the Beats STILL don't work (can't even use the mic on a phone call).
  14. alostpacket

Ah bummer, thanks for the reply though.
  15. alostpacket

Hey one more quick question :)

Have you tried voice commands like the SenseUI has? Such as, "play artist Fabolous" or "play song Thriller" etc etc.

Wondering if this functionality is coming to vanilla.
  16. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Would really be nice if someone puts out an installable APK for the new player...Adding these 2.1 bits into 2.01 has worked really well so far with the Gallery, Clock, and News/Weather updates. Hopefully waiting... :)
  17. Del

Del Member

*grumble, grumble* Still no software back button eh? This is one thing I miss about my iPod touch. While the interface got stale and boring after a while it was one of the easiest and fastest to navigate music players I ever owned. The Zune HD looks like it would be even easier than the iPod.

...currently I'm using the Acer A1's "nemoPlayer" app for my music. It has a nice UI AND a godd**ned software back button. I hate messing around on my home screens and then wanting to switch to a different playlist...I go to the player via the notification panel and hit the back button to go back in the player (from the now playing screen) and where does it take me? To the f***ing home screen! Madness!

...this update, while still does not address my complaints, looks better than the original releases.
  18. Fabolous

Nope, it hasn't caught up to SenseUI yet, it seems. Doing a voice command like you suggested just ended up in a Google search.

Yeah, that is a bit annoying, but next time, instead of hitting the back button, hit menu, and press library. That should do what you want.
  19. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

(Removed by Mod)
  20. Fabolous

(Link removed by Mod)

Nice! Credit goes out to jinx10000 at alldroid

Note, you need to be rooted and have busybox.
  21. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

So we need to be rooted to install the new music player? I easily installed the new 2.1 gallery, but im not rooted, im not that technically inclined YET.
  22. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member

Yes it's better than the stock player but still doesn't support selecting directories to exclude. I'll stay with mixzing for now.
  23. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I installed, works great. Much improved.
  24. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Just letting you guys know... the 2.1 Launcher is now available and ported to run on 2.1 (you do NOT need to be rooted!).

This will give you the 5 homescreens, the new 3D app drawer, the card view of all your home screens, etc. Works like a CHARM!

Enjoy!

(Link removed by Mod)

If you havent seen you can also grab the 2.1 Gallery, 2.1 DeskClock and now modify your boot animations without having to root your Droid! :)
  25. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

Seems to work very well. Fast when using the dots at the bottom. Thanks for letting us know.