Want the full 2.1 look on 2.01 - you're in luck!

1. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding this, the gallery, and music apps... when 2.1 officially comes out, what happens to these? Will it just overwrite everything or will I end up having double, even triple Gallery apps, for example...
  2. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

No. A 2.1 OTA would just replace the 2.0.1 defaults.
  3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Figured I'd try this as an alternative to rooting and flashing 2.1. Not a good choice. It's slow, it force closes constantly, and I had to restart the phone about three times to get widgets to load properly. I might as well stress this part again; it was basically force closing every time I opened an app. Very annoying.
  4. zebroid1

zebroid1 Member

Is this going to come out in a form that I won't have to risk bricking my phone to use?

I used to do all kinds of things to my old HTC mogul (flashing roms/unlocking radios), but sometimes it took an entire day. I was just in school then, and had a flexible schedule. I just don't have that kinda time anymore. With my luck I would brick it and then have to go to work before I could get it worked out.
  5. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Thank you
  6. RobStemen

RobStemen Well-Known Member

If you'd like, I can gen out a nandroid backup for you to use :D
  7. lilivo1

lilivo1 Member

i dont know what i'm doing wrong, but i get an error every time i type saying that a certain command is not recognized. ex. 'C:\android\tools' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.... i see that message every time i type something in. is this what's supposed to happen? or what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help
  8. RobStemen

C:\android\tools is the destination. You need to have a command beforehand, for example cd is the first one you should use.
  9. lilivo1

lilivo1 Member

ok i got it. i was taking ur post too literally and was actually typing the >... lol. i see now. lemme see if i can get this right now
  10. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

The 2.1 Music app is available as well...initially it required root, but I now there is an installable APK.

(link Removed by Mod)
  11. RobStemen

Also, celios, playing around with it, I realize that, at least this version of the browser, at least, DOES in fact wrap the text. I know it's not that important, I just thought I should let everyone else know.
  12. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Interesting point. With tap-to-zoom on my droid browser, text wraps without a hitch. Does this work with the milestone browser?

I actually prefer the tap to zoom (easier one-handed use)

I couldn't stand dolphin browser though
  13. deitiphobia

deitiphobia Member

Thanks this worked for me. I just did step 4 and on and it works great. Will have to give it a try for a day or so to give feedback as to how good this is working, but so far it's working albeit a little sluggish.
  14. lilivo1

lilivo1 Member

man... on first glance and use this is by far the best pinch to zoom browser for me. (and i have used both dolphin and xscope browser) i love it
  15. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member

Writeup makes this seem harder than necessary but I assume tha's to avoid blame if something goes wrong on a noob's Droid. Works for me as well.

One question though, does anyone else have issues with the droid or milestone browser not saving zip files? I have to download all zips using dolphin. The stock (and also MT) browsers say the file type is not supported when I attempt to download zips...
  16. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You need androzip from the market, that way the file type will be supported.
  17. slowednblowed

slowednblowed Member

Im having trouble installing the sdk on my computer. I have downloaded the zip file and then extracted it to my desktop. When i try to install it the command line will pop up for a split second then nothing. What is going wrong?
  18. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

slowednblowed - Try doing the cmd stuff and see if you can get adb shell.
  19. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why we're not seeing more write-ups using apps like root explorer. :confused:

• Copy files to sdcard
    • Open root explorer app
    • Backup old files
    • Copy & Paste new ones. *

BadaBing - BadaBoom! :cool:

* NOTE: I did have to change the permissions of each of those two files once I pasted them in the proper folder, but that was the only hiccup.
  20. cpetku

cpetku Well-Known Member

Thanks, I thought maybe I had screwed up a setting or file somewhere since I am far from stock at this point. Seems strange that this is necessary though since dolphin worked fine without it.

Another note: The date field in Orkut registration causes the browser to FC whereas dolphin worked fine..
  21. slowednblowed

slowednblowed Member

System cannot find the path specified
  22. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

whoo, I'm posting this from the MT browser on my Droid running 2.1. My only gripe is that I'll have to redo my bookmarks.
  23. goon55

goon55 Well-Known Member

OK I downloaded and installed gallery 2.1 and I like it, its working well. However, when I click on one of the pic thumbnails and the pic comes up, it looks very pixelated and not clear at all. I can't figure out how to get them to be clear.

Anyone? Thanks
  24. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Does it stay pixelated? Mine does that but sharpens in a second or two
  25. goon55

goon55 Well-Known Member

well maybe mine is just running slow, it doesnt clear up. i am running GDE as well. you?