• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to buy a droid....

lilbballer27

Android Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2010
www.thecelldudes.com
I want to buy a droid on ebay but i do not want to spend alot of money So I am looking for ones that are "broken" and seeing if they are easy fixes. I found one that says it wont load up and here is the message it gets. Tell me if this is an easy fix or if the phone is not worth it.

When the phone turns on all you get is a load screen.

The screen states,
Bootloader
2c.6c
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
DATA CABLE

do i download rsd lite to my pc? or what? if someone can please explain more that would be great beacuse i want to buy this phone.
As someone else mentioned...we obviously can't say that there isn't some other problem with the phone. However, it sounds like you should be able to flash new rom onto it and be good to go.
Follow the instructions on this link
http://androidforums.com/all-things...oot-related-currently-under-construction.html
starting with RSD lite info in the 2nd post.
Let us know how this works out for ya!

Upvote 0
as everyone else has said it may or may not be fixable. If you can get it cheap I say go for it. Its worth a shot. If you cant fix it with RSD Lite and a 2.0.1 sbf then you can always resell it.

My biggest question for the seller if I were you would be if the water damage indicators are still intact and if so can a picture of both of them be provided. I have heard of droids with water damage being stuck on the bootloader

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones