want to copy all my contacts from my old phone to new phone

1. nat005

nat005 New Member

Hi i newly brought Samsung galaxy phone, previously i used HTC wildfire.

Now i want to copy all my contacts from HTC to new Samsung phone.

Is there any application in android for copying all the contacts from old phone to new one.

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. Export .csv file from Contacts on your HTC, then import that .csv file into Contacts on your new Samsung.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you use the same gmail account to register the new phone and the old contacts were Google contact, you don't need to transfer them, they will sync up automatically.
  4. kamiron

kamiron New Member

want to copy all my contacts from galaxy s2 to nokia n8 thnx
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You sync SGS2 to Google, then you sync Google to Outlook, then you sync N8 to Outlook via Nokia Ovi Suite.
  6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

I’ve had two android repacements and all I had to do is re-create accounts in them, tell them to sync, contacts and calendars popped right up.
  7. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

Sync your contacts through your Gmail account.
  8. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

The Nokia N8 is not an Android Phone. I made the same mistake.
  9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

If you buy your new phone from BestBuy we transfer all of you contacts for you. We have a special device that can do it.

Other than that, the only way I know is a Gmail/ Outlook combination... I know nothing about Nokia phones and their contacts though
  10. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

So why did I bump into this at Android Applications?
  11. nat005

nat005 New Member

Thanks a lot for ur response ....

Having another doubt is it possible to transfer all my message from old mobile to new mobile. Both r android phones. . . . .
  12. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I really like SMS Backup +

It will back up all your messages to your gmail account, then install it on your new phone and it will sync them back to your phone. Super easy
  13. paulhen

paulhen Member

As a secondary backup you can try GCloud which is available on play store. Its free. I have only been using for three months but I like it and have encountered no bugs so far.
  14. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

If your transferring from one android to another, you can back up all your contacts to SD card. Pop the SD card in the new phone, import all contact and wa la.
  15. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

You do know the OP was over 2 years ago .... ?

Dave