Want to 'debrand' and also unlock - which first?Support

Last Updated:

1. james2kuk

james2kuk Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys

I have a HTC Desire from 3UK. It is locked to 3 and came originally with 2.1 on it, and has received an OTA update to 2.2.

I want to debrand to remove all the 3 branding etc, and also unlock the handset so I can use SIMs from other networks in it. I know I can get an unlock code online for around

Advertisement
  2. moe3754

moe3754 Well-Known Member

3. james2kuk

Cool, thanks for that. Anyone else had any experience of debranding and unlocking and which I should do first?

Also, after a bit of research into online unlockers, it seems there are some potentially iffy ones out there, does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheer

4. james2kuk

Right, just had a bash at debranding, I get as far as the actual update, confirming all the prompts etc, but then get the following error:

On first glance it would appear I am using the wrong ROM? Is that true? Can someone point me in the direction of the correct one?

TIA

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

That's beacuse that thread is old. Click on the software version on my signature and download that version and then try flashing it with your gold card, of course. Should work but will obviously remove all data so you'll have to set up your phone again

james2kuk likes this.
  6. james2kuk

This has worked, thanks for the tip Eddy!