• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help want to do the gsm-cdma trick, but the menu wont show up with the dialer?

chrisco_kid

Aug 21, 2010
ok so i found how to do the gsm-cdma trick on here by putting in *#*#4636#*#* via the phone pad on my evo, so i tried it and the test menu doesnt show up, the numbers and *# just disappear leaving me with an emptied number display, and the thread said it could take a second, so i left it alone to see if itd automagically pop up if i dont tinker with it, and still nothing, is there something im doing wrong? mine is stock, just got it yesterday with the 2.2 froyo update. any help would be greatly appreciated as my TWS is around 50% usually.

and yes i have updated the prl.

From http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Download the free Network app from the Market. (Network by Philipp Mangelow)

Start it, and scroll down until you see "CDMA auto (PRL)" - change it to "GSM auto (PRL)" - exit Network; re-start Network then change back to "CDMA auto (PRL)" - and finally, go to Menu-> Settings-> System updates-> Update PRL

The dialer no longer works in 2.2 - you must use Network app.

(Actually odd that you found the dialer reference in here without the Network update - I'd thought Dreamliner caught all of those... oh well, the above will work.)

PS - Welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones