want to do the gsm-cdma trick, but the menu wont show up with the dialer?Support

Last Updated:

1. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i found how to do the gsm-cdma trick on here by putting in *#*#4636#*#* via the phone pad on my evo, so i tried it and the test menu doesnt show up, the numbers and *# just disappear leaving me with an emptied number display, and the thread said it could take a second, so i left it alone to see if itd automagically pop up if i dont tinker with it, and still nothing, is there something im doing wrong? mine is stock, just got it yesterday with the 2.2 froyo update. any help would be greatly appreciated as my TWS is around 50% usually.

and yes i have updated the prl.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

From http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

The dialer no longer works in 2.2 - you must use Network app.

(Actually odd that you found the dialer reference in here without the Network update - I'd thought Dreamliner caught all of those... oh well, the above will work.)

PS - Welcome to the forum!

3. chrisco_kid

chrisco_kid Active Member This Topic's Starter

well that really clears it up! thanks alot, i figured it was disabled from the way it reacted, now im just waiting for 2.2 root, thanks again.

oh btw is this a permanent fix or will i have to do this everytime i boot up?

4. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

You should only have to change it once even if you Factory Reset -- at least I didn't have to when I did.