Want to get past 30fps

Last Updated:

1. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know that it is possible to get past 30fps, but I am not in any way shape or form a techie so I dont know how to root or what a ROM is. Do I have to root to get a ROM? And also what exactly is a ROM and how will it affect my device? Just looking for a newb walkthrough. I know this may have been asked before but I really appreciate your patience in helping me. Thank you in advanced.

Advertisement
  2. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/129648-quick-intro-rooting-those-new-rooting.html

3. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

4. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

5. sadkins292

sadkins292 Active Member

thats not the right unrevoked, unrevoked 3.2 you download to your computer, then plug your evo into the computer and basically let it do all the work, which will give you a rooted evo. and the best way i can describe a rom and kernel is in the way they change things. a rom can provide you with a completely different interface, like stock froyo without HTC sense, while a kernel will change something like smaller like lifting the 30 fps second cap. 3.2 is currently taken down, although if you search you can find it. there has been a couple reported problems with it though

6. sadkins292

sadkins292 Active Member

and "flashing a rom" is basically installing a different rom :)