want to go back to stock NO ROOT htc one 64gb att

1. toyota 2jz

toyota 2jz Active Member

i want to go back to the stock rom and un root to factory spec i am using a macbook air do i need to do this over the comp and if so how can i? i cant find any tutorial or any youtube videos only thing i can get is sdk manager any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

The file you need is called a RUU (Retail Update Utility) their are a few posted here in the root forums along with instructions ..let me know if you need more help
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. toyota 2jz

toyota 2jz Active Member

ok thank you greatly as i am a noob to this just gettin my feet wet but came along way in just a few days

---

i somehow erased everything off the phone including the entire os!! i cant use it for nothing i can get into recovery mode but there is nothing in there at all!! ive been searching for over 3 hours on how to put back the 4.1 software i was on phone still says its rooted i will gladly pay someone to take over my computer and fix this issue this is a brand new phone and something happened that has no business happening so PLEASE SOMEONE CHIME IN AND TAKE CONTROLL PAYPAL IS READY JUST WANT WHAT I HAD BEFORE 4.1 OR 4.2.2

thanks
  4. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

BRICKED!!!!

That is NOT fun toyota 2jz. Don
    toyota 2jz likes this.
  5. toyota 2jz

toyota 2jz Active Member

bricked even though i can get into recovery mode? but thats all i can do is get there when i hit factory reset it takes me into recovery mode thanks though i still have my 14 day return policy through att ill see if thatll work
  6. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

No problem my friend. There are some talented people on this forum when it comes to rooting, I bet you could snag a few good answers from some one.

oh PS. I didn
  7. toyota 2jz

toyota 2jz Active Member

naa the phone turns on but stays on the boot up screen and i can get into the bootloader nothing more
  8. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Sorry for the late response .. you guys need to quit messing up your phones at 1AM ..lol
    Do you have fastboot working on your PC/phone ? The RUU you need is here
    RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular.exe | by DesignGears for One
    Scotty has posted the instructions for using it many times here in the AT&T Forums ..search for it And most importantly take your time and don't Panic .. your phone is not "Bricked"
    scotty85 likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hmm maybe if they had someone around that wasn't such a smart ass they would... something to think about............:rolleyes: