• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want to make tile game

AntonBrz

Lurker
Jan 24, 2013
What I'm requesting is a partner to help with writing a game app. I can pay modestly for help, sending money through paypal for work completed. I want to make a tile game app for Android, like Dungelot. You open tiles and depending on what you find and what the player's strengths are, you get things or move on. Although I have a lot of experience with C, Basic and machine language, I'm new to java, and just installed Eclipse and the Android SDK and tools. My strength is creating graphics. I know little about java but I'm studying it. Re Writing an Android app on Eclipse I don't even see how I can begin, I successfully created "My first app" using their example. That project is in my chosen folder, shows up, and I set up the virtual Android, and can run it..(altho what happens is when I do have the virtual Android running, and showing the icon screen with the apps, when I run it, my app icon shows up for only an instant, then vanishes, leaving the other app icons, and no way to click on my now vanished icon to start the program) Assuming that MyFIrstApp is a good code start an Android app, how can I edit/change it to start a game? Where in that example code would I insert my own java program? Or if you were writing a tile game and starting from scratch, what would you declare and write to get it to open in Android? I'm using the virtual Android in eclipse, and I bought a large tablet Android with a 10" screen to link it to the PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anton Brzezinski

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones