• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

want to play games on my HDTV using my PS3 controller - is this planned, will it not happen & why?

A

Android Question

The reality.. I have the adapter to put out the signal of my android to my HDTV. Asphault 8 Airborne looks great on it. Also, i have PS3 controllers just sitting around collecting dust when they are not being used.

What is the reality behind bluetooth support plans (without needing to root my phone) to be able to connect to my cellphone so i can use the port to connect to the HDTV and play it on that.

I notice some controllers claim to be able to connect via bluetooth.

1. will the PS3 controller be supported
2. is there a plan with Lollypop 5.0 to support bluetooth controllers at all

If not, is it that they just didn't get to it or is there a specific reason why they do not support bluetooth controllers.. for instance, is it because they are trying to endorse and get people to buy their own or that Sony is asking them not to cause they want it only on their branded phones (which by the way would be unfair & disappointing).

I feel we are at a point in technology where true bluetooth should be supported, in that, all bluetooth devices that have a use should be supported (including my PS3 controllers)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones