Want to Root, App Data backup

1. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

Ok, so I might be a little slow or stupid, but I want to cover my grounds before trying to root my Xoom WiFi only.
    I have rooted a droid x and a droid razr maxx before, so I can usally follow the process easily....however, before I start on my xoom, I need advice or direction on how to properly back up my app data.
    I have a game (Airport City) that I don't want to lose all my data on or have to restart from the beginning after over a years worth of building it up. So how do I go about backing all that up so once I do root, it all is back to normal? Links, apps, programs people can tell me about that will do this and how to maybe use it?
    Thanks,
    Tanner

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

3. tannere

I did get helium. It doesn't save to an SD card, so currently I am trying to back up to "dropbox". Hopefully after I root and get root explorer, I can put those files into my SD card, and then from the SD card into the Helium folder o the xoom to do my restore. Think it might work?
  4. OutOfPhase

It should. But therefore no guarantees.
  5. tannere

OK, next question, on rooting through the Universal Xoom Root. I am stuck on 3.1. I downloaded the zip file, what do I do with it? Do I extract it, place it somewhere. I tried to extract, but wont. Then on 3.2 do I type that in the adb.exe command prompt? I had tried, but my xoom just kept saying fail over and over when it rebooted

So actually I got it to flash the recovery file. Do I wait for it to finish in the command prompt as well? I had it where it was starting on step 4, but wasn't seeing the CWM.
  6. tannere

Well I did everything, it all worked, but no root
  7. OutOfPhase