want to root my phone

1. sumterdad

sumterdad Member

I would like to root my phone tonight if I can just need to be guided with the right procedures

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You have a Moto Razr correct (it's not listed under your profile so I'm just making sure)? Are you on GB or ICS?
  3. sumterdad

sumterdad Member

ICS if that stands for ice cream sandwich just updated a few weeks ago if i remember right
  4. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Ok Sumterdad your in good hands now. :D
  5. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

He has a Maxx if that makes a difference.
  6. Kelmar

7. Kelmar

Thanks for the info!

Razr and Maxx software are both the same on Vzw. Makes troubleshooting SOOOooooooo much easier! :)
  8. sumterdad

sumterdad Member

So I just download that and go
  9. matdr57

matdr57 Well-Known Member

Yep its a really nice tool to have especially if something don't want to cooperate u can fix it with it
  10. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Make sure you install the Motorola usb drivers first or you will likely run into problems.
    Just do a quick Google search for razr maxx usb drivers and it should be the first couple results
  11. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

hey guys I'm new here and i want to make my phone a hot spot (wifi) so i can get internet on my laptop (macbook air) for free. i have a droid razr maxx 4.0.4 version and i have to do everything compatible with my macbook.
    thanks a lot for help ahead
  12. carracerz14

Just download foxfi and use that if all you want to do is tether
  13. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with using the mobile hotspot app in your app drawer?
  14. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

don't you have to pay for hotspot internet
  15. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

wow thanks a lot, not going to root my phone now, but 1 question, i have unlimited data i was grandfathered into it, so just to make sure I'm not going to get charged for using this app
  16. carracerz14

I've used it, many others have used it, and I haven't seen any case where anyone has been charged, or in "trouble" for using it. Yes verizon can probably tell you are using it, especially if you start using an insane amount of data but I think you'll be fine.

I still recommend you root your phone, just for the simple factor of using Titanium backup to back all your apps up in case something happens and you need to factory reset, it makes it so much easier.
  17. matther22xdroid

You will lose that unlimited soon enough (the next time you upgrade).
  18. carracerz14

Unless he buys the next phone at full retail.
  19. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

how you know that?
  20. carracerz14

It's been said numerous times. Verizon has gone to only the shared data plans, so next time you change your contract (I. E. Buy a phone at a discounted rate, locking yourself in for 2 more years) you will be forced into the shared data crap.

This is why I'm either going to pay full retail, or possibly switch carriers. I know t mobile has their new unlimited 4g. I just don't know how there service is. I would hate to leave the service of verizon but we'll see...
  21. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

thats really shitty
  22. matther22xdroid

Im surprised you didn't know this.

Even though T-Mobile is unlimited now just wait they will start throttling first and then limit data like every other carrier. Data is money these days not talk and text. It's simply what smartphones have done to the networks.
  23. carracerz14

It's designed to save people with a lot of devices money because you share the data with everyone in your plan. But it's like 40 bucks for 2 gb of data. Completely useless for me as I have the 4 gbs of data for 30 from the double data promotion.
  24. jivens716

jivens716 Well-Known Member

How did you rooting go??
  25. bovkun005

bovkun005 Member

i never rooted it, i just need the wifi and I'm using foxfi which works perfectly