Want To Root

Last Updated:

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I want to root my MotoDroid to run V0.3 Foyo Bugless Beast.

Can anyone give me a link to a guide to help me out or let me know what I need to get this done?

I know you shouldn't root your phone if you don't think you can so you don't brick it. BUT, I know I can with some instructions.

Advertisement
  2. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

Howto Root: How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | TheUnlockr
    Howto Custom ROM: How To: Load a Custom ROM on the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & Android 2.1) | TheUnlockr
    Be careful. Make sure you do a Nandroid Backup (How To: Backup and Restore Your Android Phone | TheUnlockr)

BlueIce5249 likes this.
  3. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do I backup first?

4. Turbo Ninja CPA

Turbo Ninja CPA Active Member

I don't believe you can backup before you root. You can backup once you are done rooting. But make sure you make a backup once you are freshly rooted and call it something like retail backup or clean backup as a fallback.

5. Vakman

Vakman Well-Known Member

No, you can't do a Nandroid backup before you root. But you can move any data you have internally in case the data is wiped.
    As Turbo said, do a Nandroid backup once you root so you have the stock to always fall back on. Good luck.