Want to "test" HD movie??Tips

Last Updated:

1. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A colleague of mine got the new droid from T-mobile, which came preloaded with Avatar...she showed me the device playing the movie...Wow! i was impressed...(not enough to leave sprint or trade in my EVO...!!) but impressed enough that i wanted to see what my EVO could do...

whats the best way to get an HD movie to watch on my device, or even a clip, so i can see the best quality the EVO has to offer in this category...

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Download a movie online, just make sure it's in the right format or you have an application on your computer where you can change it if not.

Hell, I've even downloaded movies straight from my phone

I would suggest Demo Player or Rock to play the movies.

shantytownbrown likes this.
  3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Tmobile does not have Droids. Only Verizon.

Per your question, use handbrake to convert your Blu-rays to mo4 with h264 codec. That will give you the best quality. Do a search in the Evo sub-forum for "Handbrake settings". there is a thread about 5 pages long with ALL the info you need.

4. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

The first test I did was go to youtube and download a HD music video from there (I'm on Firefox and you can get addons to download youtube vids) and played it without any conversion with the free Rockplayer app.

I downloaded the first HD video I saw, a long vid by Lady Gaga called Telephone (I had never heard her stuff) the image quality is AMAZING on the EVO. Her music isn't my cup of tea, but I've played this video so much at work now that I actually like that song...I know, right? :)

5. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry i meant 'droid as in android abbreviated...was refferring to the samsung galaxay Vibrant...

thanks for the handbrake info tho...