• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Want to update 2.2 with help

Hello, there are plenty of posts asking the exact same question with someone replying into them, so next time, please do a bit of search before creating a thread.

Here is one:

You have to update via KIES, there is no other official way.

Here is what you have to do:

1) Uninstall any lagfixes from your phone (if you have any)
2) Just to be sure make a backup of anything you don't wanna risk losing
3) Connect your phone, open Kies, wait for it to recognize your phone
4) Click Firmware update and go from there

If it is not in your country yet and says no update available, follow the steps in this post on XDA.

Enjoy your new official Froyo!:)

Upvote 0
I have had loads of trouble with Kies.
Connection is hit and miss and when it has connected and I try to update, it gets half way through the process and then says MCS Thunder has encountered a problem and needs to close. this action then freezes my pc and phone.
Today it took me 2 hours to get my pc running again because Kies was F***ing it up on restart:mad:
Anyway, I contacted Samsung support and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Regarding your case, please note the following tips to connect successfully:

Upvote 0
I have had loads of trouble with Kies.
Connection is hit and miss and when it has connected and I try to update, it gets half way through the process and then says MCS Thunder has encountered a problem and needs to close. this action then freezes my pc and phone.
Today it took me 2 hours to get my pc running again because Kies was F***ing it up on restart:mad:
Anyway, I contacted Samsung support and this is the reply I got.

So it seems there is another way to get the updates.
I'm going to call my local service centre on Monday, see what they say.

Did you give them a call? I might try tomorrow and see what they say. I'm fed up of having to wait for an update that's I should have gotten already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones