Want to use your own ringtones from itunes? Here's how I did it.

Last Updated:

1. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I had a few ringtones that were set exactly how I wanted them for timing etc for my iphone. Well I have Mabilo ringtones installed and it works well. (After finding out about the .nomedia thing so they dont show up in my music player.) So what I did was convert my M4R to MP3. Then I went into Mabilo and downloaded the ringtones they had for the songs that I wanted. I then copied the file name and overwrote the name for my version of the mp3 and then copied it into the mabilo folder. And voila, my ringtones are there. No need to edit and crop all over again etc on the phone. Hope this is useful for someone out there. And with my luck somone will say oh just use "X" app and it is much better. But being the android noob I am and wanting to contribute to this forum this is my first shot.

JR

Advertisement
  2. jarek_21

jarek_21 Member

Whats the ".nomedia" thing. I hate working out and hearing a ringtone!!

3. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member This Topic's Starter

I cant take credit I read it somewhere else on here. Basically create a text file in windows with nothing in it but call it .nomedia no name before and make sure it's actually .nomedia not .nomdedia.txt Put that in your folder with your ringtones and it wont be shown by music player on android :)

4. jarek_21

jarek_21 Member

Oh awesome! Thanks!