1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Want to view my upload and download stats...what app to use?

Last Updated:

1. absolutebica

absolutebica Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app in the market (free) that allows you to view what your current downloads (mbps / kbps) are? even uploads?

I am going to the tiered 150mb plan next month..and I keep seeing in my verizon account my daily downloads are like 12+mb and I don't realize why they are so large..so I want to see if my phone is download/uploading even when idle and I don't realize it.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

3. Bang Bang Boom

Bang Bang Boom Well-Known Member

I use one called network monitor which is free... it tells u by day, week and month... use of both upload and download via 3g or WiFi...

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I use 3G Watchdog, which you can set to alert you when you are close to your limit.

I also like Data Counter Widget, which also logs your Wifi data in addition to mobile data. I use it to doublecheck 3G Watchdog and to see my wifi usage.

5. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member

+1 for Data Counter Widget. The widget itself shows you (without having to tap it) how much you've used in the current time period. For example, if your data plan is billed on the 13th of every month, you put this in the widget settings and the widget will show you how much you've used (Wifi and Cell) since the 14th of the month, and it will reset to 0 at the end of the 13th.

6. absolutebica

absolutebica Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone.

I am trying a combination of Network Monitor and Network traffic Stats.

I noticed a couple weird quirks.

In TrafficStats, if have something running in the bg like a webpage loading that runs 2-3mb, and I have looked at Network Monitor to watch it real time...and I flip back to TrafficStats, it actually shows the application Network Monitor using 2-3mb for download with my browser. Weird.

Also, if I am using Network Monitor and playing a YouTube Video..I might see 10mb get calculated with Network Monitor..but if I view TrafficStats...Youtube only used 10KB, but the WIFI total shows the full 10mb.

weird.

Will look at Data Counter.