• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Want wifi sync with Google Calendar - what Android device do I need?

I'm looking for a device that will synchronise with my Google Calendar and alarm me when I have meetings, experiments etc to go to. If a phone is the best value (or only?) way to go, then fair enough. I would really like to avoid data download charges by having the phone sync via wifi any time it's in range of my work or home network. Are there any devices that will do this?

I don't see myself getting much else out of the device. I hate trying to press tiny buttons with the corner of a finger nail so I probably only need something relatively basic. I haven't paid attention to smartphones for years, having been happy with what I had.

A little help?

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Many Android devices will allow you to sync via WiFi. The challenge, I suspect, will be to find a way to limit that sync to only network connections via WiFi. Most devices will also try to sync via the phones data plan. And I'm not sure you can even purchase and use an Android device without a data plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones