1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Wanted: Craigslist Notification 3.20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

I am looking CraigsList Notification (also known as CraigsNotifica 3.20)
    This is not on the Market, and I can only find earlier versions that are missing feautures not found in the 3.20 version. This app was free by the way. It is not on the developer's web site either.

Advertisement
  2. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

Any ideas?
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

I believe Craiglist has been cracking down on some sites and apps recently about alleged infringement, so it is possible the app is a casualty of that.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

That sucks since that seemed to be the only android craigslist app that let you save more than one search topic
  6. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I use craigslist mobile by YYH Creative.
  7. Unforgiven

MacFett likes this.
  8. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

That is the app I use, but this and basically every othe CL app has no way of saving mulyiple search topics
  9. Unforgiven

I'm not a craigslist user, just posted up the link to help. If they are blocking these apps hopefully they will come out with something on their own for their users.
  10. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I use an app called Craigslist notifica. It doesn't seem to work for anyone but me when I send the link to it though.

CL is actively trying to shut down a lot of these apps. CL doesn't supply an API so these apps essentially scrape the entire site which doesn't make CL happy. Some have tried to get around this by scraping Google, but CL has asked Google to stop indexing it's site so that doesn't work well. I would be shocked and surprised if CL provided an official mobile app.
  11. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

Do u have version 3.2o?
  12. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

13. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Just a little boilerplate warning about being very careful installing apps from unknown sources. There is a risk, no matter how slight, that you take.
    scary alien likes this.
  14. MacFett

Maybe I am not understanding what you mean when you say saving multiple search topics, because the aforementioned and linked app I use and I have multiple search topics and all of them are saved. I even have one search topic that searcher for "this or that."
  15. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

Well i use the same app, and every time I search for something different, it does not give me the option to save any of my searches.
  16. MacFett

I'm sorry, I have a different app on my tablet than my phone. I thought they were both the same. The one I have on my phone is the one you seek, the one on my tablet (that was linked earlier) is not. Very sorry.
  17. secolvin

secolvin New Member

I am in the same situation. I WANT MY OLD CRAIGSLIST APP!

When my Droid2 died, I went to an iPhone. Trying all their CL Apps, I decided to go back to Droid for the sole reason of the CL App. I have downloaded every app in the Play Store and they are not as good as Old Craigslist Notification. YYH, Escargot, The App People have all been tried. Craigslist Notification would search multiple cities then SORT by listing time, newest first. The others sort by cities so you have to manually go through each one. I use CL a lot!, this one little nuance is a deal breaker.

How can I pull the app off the old Droid2 and get it on the Droid4?
  18. MacFett

If it is rooted use titanium backup or other backup app, you can get the .apk from the back up or make a package to install through titanium backup.
  19. wantobee

wantobee New Member

here is a link to craigsnotifica version 3.28. click on download and it takes you to the play store and lets you install it. for some reason it is still on the play store but you can not search for it and it does not show up in my apps. hope this helps.
    i am not allowed to make this a link so just copy and past.

m.androidzoom dot com/android_applications/business/craigslist_dvh.html
  20. eastbayarb

eastbayarb Active Member

The problem with pretty much any version of the Craigslist Notifica app is it dpes not let you save different search topics. I finally hot version 3.20 of this app, and it does what I need and very well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.