Wanted: Extra long USB to micro cable

Last Updated:

1. kveldalf

kveldalf Member This Topic's Starter

Where can I find a really long cable for the Droid X? The cable that came with it is too short. On that note, what is the specific name of the USB end that plugs into the phone, just "micro"?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

im sure if you check around on the internet you could find a longer cable and yes micro should give you the correct cable

3. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

4. adrianl623

adrianl623 Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from monoprice. com it was cheap

5. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

USB Cables

It is micro and the longest length you will find should be 15ft since that is as long as the USB spec allows.

6. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Yes it is a micro usb. I've seen some people say they have found extensions at local dollar stores. You should be able to find one at a retailer locally if you don't want to wait for an online order

7. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I bought a six foot usb extension cable for $1 are a local dollar store to use with my existing cable.

8. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry I should have explained...the extension cable would be a regular USB, not the micro USB as the USB-sized ends are needed to connect the current cord to the wall charger piece

Another option could also be to get a new wall charger from a retailer. The charger that came with the Droid X works for my nightstand but not anywhere else. I'm debating on just getting a regular charger that's compatible to plug behind the couch so I can have access to charge on my side table