Wanting a car mount that fits the shell

Last Updated:

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest This Topic's Starter

I've seen several threads recently discussing car mounts, but most of the links that I've followed seem to have mounts that are designed with a naked Droid in mind. Can anyone point me to a mount that will function with a Droid housed in the shell?

Advertisement
  2. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Well-Known Member

I was at the Verizon store the other day and if you bought one of the Verizon snap on cases they have a car mount that works with it, I haven't seen it offered online though.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

4. oddestfellow

oddestfellow Member

5. PowerTools

PowerTools Member

I have not used that mount, but have used a similar one. It worked okay, but not as well as I would have liked. I purchased the mount for an old PPC6800 and it fit the Droid as well. The downsides I saw (again, for a different, non-Droid sanctioned mount) were that the mount felt a little flimsy, especially while trying to swipe the passcode in. I also couldn't open the keyboard while in the mount (the only way to use Global Search correctly in landscape mode, imo). My mount wouldn't allow landscape mode. Lastly, I would frequently hit buttons inadvertently while inserting or retrieving the device into/from the mount.

In response to the non-Moto chargers, this is addressed in other threads. Summary:

• Some usb cables will not sync your phone, but should charge. Look for "sync and charge" vs. "charge" in the specs if you need both.
    • Charging from DC via a car charger is likely to cause your battery to have a shortened life. You have to decide if you want to have a full battery when you get out of the car or if you want to go longer before needing to replace your battery all-together. Replacement batteries are about $30 at the time of this posting.

6. aguillon5

aguillon5 Well-Known Member

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest This Topic's Starter

At the risk if hijacking the thread I started, would using an a/c converter (or adapter) to allow me to use the wall charger on my car do the same damage to my battery as a traditional car charger?