• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wanting to change region - rooted, now which ROM

rjbathgate

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
Hi,

I've just got a HTC Desire on 2.1, which came from Dubai, thus has locale settings of Arab regions only, and some preinstalled prayer apps which I cannot uninstall.

So I am thinking best way is to put on a stock ROM for World Wide English for example.

I have sucessfully rooted the device, and was looking at this thread (Droid Den - Phone Guide: How To Install Rooted Android 2.2 On Your HTC Desire - Droid Den) on upgrading to 2.2 -- but I'm really at this stage just wanting to keep Stock ROM and give it World Wide English settings.

And then shoudln't it update to 2.2 OTA anyway, with a stock WWE ROM installed?

So, where do I go from here, having rooted phone and not sure which ROM to install...

Any hints, most apprecaited... or should I just install the ROM on the link above? (Is that 'Stock WWE'?)

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones