1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Wanting to put a deving team together

1. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to put a deving team together for our phone so we can start working on ICS. If anyone has c and c++ experience and Java experience lets start working on this and get it on our phone. :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

This should be more like a "Touchscreen ICS development thread"

I was already thinking that someone should have started a development thread for devs to post on only....I still don't consider myself a dev though, lol.
  3. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

I'm fairly good with Java, and I already have an environment set up. :p I'll be glad to help.
  4. AndroidHogs

Well I was kinda thinking why try and compile the ics why can we just make all the apps ourselves to look like ics lol
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That would more or less just be an ICS themed rom, and you can get that by applying a theme to go launcher or a few of the other ones.

I say, if your gonna do it go all the way :D
  6. AndroidHogs

I'm talking about coding our own settings apps etc. That's not considered turning I'd call it real deving lol.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I'd rather have actual ICS over a themed GB........all we need is touch screen to be fixed in the kernel and BobZhome could do the rest. He's given up on trying to fix the touchscreen.
  8. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would take more time than just fixing touch. xD
  9. AndroidHogs

That's why we code our own apps from A-Z its basically not themeing its having apps that are compiled for our phone.
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

We already have ICS completely compiled for our phone, everything has been compiled by BobZhome except touchscreen is broken...I really don't see a point in recompiling something that already works. What we need to recompile is what doesn't work.
  11. AndroidHogs

Lol. If you can find someone to fix touchscreen that's good until then. Were ICELESS.
  12. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Ghost, you were helping tripdoc compile ICS a while back, weren't you? Help me compile this sucker, will you? xD
  13. AndroidHogs

Yea I can help you. Add me on gtalk. Regginhanger@gmail.com
  14. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Alright, I added you.
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

No, we're just almost frozen...but we need to fix the freezer first.
  16. Zokula

Zokula Active Member

Just a question. What makes our touchscreen so much different from say the V or S? I thought outside of radio basebands, plastic housings, and buttons that the M, V, S, C, One, Vortex are basically the same phone.
  17. AndroidHogs

Different touch screens. Optimus v is ms6000 our phone is synaptics touchscreen.
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

What ghost.rider said and the key layout between ours and the v/s etc.. are all different. The C is the only phone that is the same, besides carrier...
  19. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Well-Known Member

hi guys, im currently taking a computer programming class and i will be learning C, C++, and Java. i cant help at the moment but once the semester is over i guess i could look at it? right?
    i currently only have DSIXDA kitchen using cygwin but i'm guessing i should use virtual box and install ubuntu for this. i have an Evo 4G but i still have my OM so i guess i could play around with it. So for now i'm available for testing.
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Do you know how to build? If not I can help you set up your environment to build, and also to help you get the correct kernel that BobZhome was working on.
  21. alexandroid5

i havent used linux before so i dont know how to build. let me know what i need to dl after i install ubuntu. i would also need help finding BobZ kernel, last time i was on the OM forums Tripdoc was barely starting to get ics to work on the phone using the AnyRom kernel
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

There is a specific version of Ubuntu you must use as well.
    Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit is what I use, there are other versions dedicated to building kernels but that's what I use.

Also don't update Ubuntu, that screwed up my building and I had to reinstall Ubuntu.....
  23. AndroidHogs

I'd prefer Ubuntu dual booting cause VM takes alot of CPU and ram
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

same here
  25. alexandroid5

i guees i'll do that instead. i found this link that looks legit Ubuntu in Windows7 or is there a specific way you guys did it?

i'll do it this week when i have free time