Wanting to root...Can I?General

Last Updated:

1. ExcessiveIdling

ExcessiveIdling Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just recently I had a droid eris that was running the LEAKED v3 2.1 that I downloaded from these forums however I ran into the dreaded silence bug so I called verizon and they gave me a refurb. The question I have now is (and forgive me if I overlooked it...I DID do a search in the forums for 1.49 hboot but I'm still unclear). I DO know I have a 1.49 hboot as I did the volume down power on trick and it stated I have a 1.49 hboot. Does this immediately mean game over on rooting(for now?)? I know it has been stated many times they are the same but is there any way (say...one stating release keys and one not) to tell if the refurb I got is using the leak or the official ota? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Resun

Resun Active Member

Nope, you can't root. Doesn't matter on the 2.1 software, the root will only work on pre-1.49 HBOOT.

3. ExcessiveIdling

Ok, so again to clarify, you can NOT root if either 1. you have used any of the leaks to 2.1 or 2. you have a 1.49 hboot (or greater if exists)...is that correct? What if I have my 2.1 leak with a 1.47 hboot?(if thats possible?)

4. Resun

Resun Active Member

It's not possible, since any of the leaks upgrades the original 1.46 or 1.47 HBOOT to 1.49, that is the reason all the leakers are stuck without root right now. The only way that your phone will have a 1.49 is if it has had a leak put on it. And the 2.1 software is 2.36.605.1 for leak v3, which is basically the OTA. Anything else is either a v1 or 2 leak.

5. ExcessiveIdling

Verizon must've put 1.49 on it then (that or they just sent me a phone someone else updated, they tested and refurbed it back out). Ahh well, hopefully this phone does NOT run into the dreaded silence issue again that I had with my previous phone...I have a feeling it will though as I believe it to be a software issue not a hardware issue.