1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to root my cliq but still afraid even after reading threw the forums...Root (Browse All)

Last Updated:

1. jtmartin1023

jtmartin1023 New Member This Topic's Starter

My Fiance and I have had our motorola cliqs since late last year, and as soon as I found out about rooting the cliq I became very interested. I have read through most of the forums on here and on a few other websites, but I have still skeptical and afraid. The main thing is I am afraid of bricking my phone, or causing my phone not to work anymore, as I do not have the money to fork out for a replacement at the moment. I want to root, but would like more advice on if it is even worth it at this point, seeing as there are not a lot of good or stable roms out, and I also want to change the theme around on the phone as well and I still confused on how to do that, or if it can only be done with root. I have tried out all the home alternatives in the market such as openhome, pandahome, etc..., and I do not care for them too much. Also, if I decide to go through with rooting my cliq, should I go by the dudes rooting method before flashing a rom, or is there an easier method besides the dudes method???

And also are there any roms out worth going through the rooting process to get??? I have heard that handlers 1.3 rom is really good and stable, but have read that there are some issues with it as well, and kp07sqi's rom I have heard is good, but have not read up much on it at all. If someone could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated, as I am new to the whole rooting process, and am still confused after hours of reading.

Advertisement