Wanting to root my cliq but still afraid even after reading threw the forums...

Last Updated:

1. jtmartin1023

jtmartin1023 New Member This Topic's Starter

My Fiance and I have had our motorola cliqs since late last year, and as soon as I found out about rooting the cliq I became very interested. I have read through most of the forums on here and on a few other websites, but I have still skeptical and afraid. The main thing is I am afraid of bricking my phone, or causing my phone not to work anymore, as I do not have the money to fork out for a replacement at the moment. I want to root, but would like more advice on if it is even worth it at this point, seeing as there are not a lot of good or stable roms out, and I also want to change the theme around on the phone as well and I still confused on how to do that, or if it can only be done with root. I have tried out all the home alternatives in the market such as openhome, pandahome, etc..., and I do not care for them too much. Also, if I decide to go through with rooting my cliq, should I go by the dudes rooting method before flashing a rom, or is there an easier method besides the dudes method???

And also are there any roms out worth going through the rooting process to get??? I have heard that handlers 1.3 rom is really good and stable, but have read that there are some issues with it as well, and kp07sqi's rom I have heard is good, but have not read up much on it at all. If someone could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated, as I am new to the whole rooting process, and am still confused after hours of reading.

Advertisement