Wanting to Root...questions on ROM's

Last Updated:

1. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wanting to root my phone. Whats the best ROM to use? What seems to work the best? What's the easiest? I've never done this before and I'm kind of concerned I'm gonna brick my phone or something.

If you're recommending a ROM can you point me to a place to instruct me how to do it step by step. The sticky is a little cluttered and confusing. Plus it's kinda out of date with all the new ROMs out. Wanna make sure I do this right.

Thanks for the help/

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

The "best ROM" is the one that you like best that fits your needs. That being said, there are several stable ROM's out there. If you want 2.1, I would suggest flashing Fresh 2.0d. If you want 1.5, I would suggest Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo Custom Kernel. If you want a guide, read the sticky. It is not out of date due to new ROM's being out there. It still is very relevant for how to root your phone. And, as stated in the sticky, there are several ROM's out there, and to be sure to read the installations instructions for each.

When you go to download the ROM's, please read the DEV's post about it, as they have specific instructions that pertain to it, and often how to install it.

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

+1 for Fresh 2.0d. Everything works, the included keyboard is kinda crappy but flashing the stock HTC one back on is easy to do and very well documented in the Fresh 2.0d thread on XDA forum.

The instructions on the XDA forum. Give them a shot and if you don't understand something, just ask.

4. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

how do you flash the stock one back on?? will the stock keyboard not lag as much?

5. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yes please let me know because the new keyboard on the fresh 2.0d is killing me