• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wanting to Upgrade Android on Desire S, Wont connect phone with Sync Manager

claaaire

Lurker
Feb 26, 2014
Hi, found out I can upgrade my Android version to 4.0 currently 2.3, i'd like to sync my phone with HTC Sync Manager as there's a warning that my phone will get wiped once i upgrade! Downloaded the Sync Manager through the HTC website I bought the phone off ebay, I didn't get an sd card with the phone,
connect my phone with my computer (windows 7) and click the option HTC Sync 'Sync Contacts and calendar' searches on my phone for about 30 seconds then says Unable to find HTC Sync on your PC. please make sure it's installed and opened on your computer and so on' well it is installed and open on my computer and on the program it just states 'No Phone Connected' wondering if im missing out something important that i have to do to sync it for the first time? If anyone could help i'd appreciate it thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones