• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wapedia: 4 Wikipedia & more!: Best Wikipedia App I've used

Aaronneyer

Jan 24, 2010
This has to be my favorite Wikipedia app that I have used so far. It is loaded with features and it is extremely easy to use.

You can use it to browse Wikipedia or you can change between the 50+ other Wiki's that it offers. It includes almost all of the most popular Wiki's and if one that you like is not included, you can suggest it and it will be added swiftly.

From the home page, it offers many commonly used Wikipedia features, such as "Categories, "Did you know...?", "Random articles", and "Popular articles". There is also obviously a search bar up top to search through whichever Wiki you are currently viewing, as well as a bookmark button to bookmark your favorite articles.

Another very nice feature is that it streamlines all the articles to make them load faster and make them easier to view on your smartphone screen. On longer articles, it will split them into multiple pages so that it does not have to load the whole article at once, a very handy feature to both save time and bandwidth. You can turn this feature off or change the length of pages in your preferences. In preferences, you also have the option of downscaling or hiding images, changing font size, and changing the theme, among other things.

Another feature of Wapedia is a button to quickly pop up the contents of an article with quick links to each section. There is also a button at the bottom to share the article across various social networking sites, such as Facebook, Delicious, and Twitter, or to e-mail it or text it to your friends. To allow for faster searching, this app also comes with a Search widget that you can place on your home page.

I would recommend this to anyone who ever needs to access Wikipedia or any other Wiki from their smartphone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones